Who made the cut, who didn't? HOF votes are in

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Griffey, a 13-time All-Star who ranks sixth in MLB history with 630 homers, was elected to the Hall of Fame on his first try Wednesday, setting an all-time record for support after appearing on 99.3 percent of the ballots submitted by the Baseball Writers' Association of America electorate. He'll be inducted into the Hall on July 24 alongside former New York Mets catcher Mike Piazza, who was the only other player to receive more than the required 75 percent of the vote.

The next top vote-getters were Jeff Bagwell with a voting percentage of 71.6, and Tim Raines at 69.8 percent. Roger Clemens (45.2 percent) and Barry Bonds (44.3 percent) improved on last year's results, but did not meet the required 75 percent for election into Cooperstown.

Mark McGwire and Alan Trammell may never get another chance to enter the Hall of Fame.

The 2016 class was announced on Wednesday and the pair were not included among the group of baseball legends entering Cooperstown, thus ending their chances of ever being inducted into the Hall by the Baseball Writers' Association of America with it being their last year on the ballot.

Along with McGwire and Trammell, Jim Edmonds, Nomar Garciaparra and several others fell off the ballot after receiving less than five percent of the vote.

Players can remain on the Hall of Fame ballot for a maximum of 10 years.

The duo still have a slim chance of being voted in by the Veterans Committee.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Congratz to Piazza, he was my childhood hero until rumors of homosexuality were brought forth

Hope he goes to the Hall as a Met

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he can still be a role model despite being gay. whatchu trying to say?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Congratz to Piazza, he was my childhood hero until rumors of homosexuality were brought forth

Yeah so what?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao yeah what?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Great day to be a Mets fan. Nothing could bring me down right now. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Piazza definitely used something
The other guys should be in too

And the fact that edgar martinez isnt pisses me off
But ortiz will get in for sure 1st or 2nd ballot

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The other guys had stronger ties to juicing. 

But I agree, at this point they should be in. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:

Wtf. Is this the 1950s?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FPS is my favorite poster

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It was a joke.... Damn it, no matter how hard I try I will never be as funny as cheato

Ok seriously, I think if you analyze his career he shouldve gone in as a Dodger based on his statistics. But due to the media and it being NY he went in as a Met. Specifically the home run against the Braves after Sept 11th and playing on the 2000 World Series team are what really legitimized his Met induction. And I know this sounds stupid, but also the fact that NY has a huge Italian population and his last name is Piazza, I mean cmon...

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It should be up to the player. he clearly wanted to go in as a Met. 

He even said that if they told him he was going to be in as a Dodger that he wouldn't want to be in the Hall of Fame. You should probably look up on his relationship with the Dodgers & their fans. Both sides hate each other. Would have been crazy to put him in the HOF as a Dodger. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shouldn't be in the hall if they won't let Barry Bonds in there. 

But this should open up the door for Bonds and others to make it now, so I guess it's fine by me. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bonds was connected to Balco. Piazza wasn't connected to anything. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Other than admitting that he took androstenedione, right? 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
And its still up for debate if androstnedione stays in the human body long enough to actually have any effect.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's still considered a PED, and after that you basically have to take his word that he only ever used one PED. 

And again, I'm not against steroid users in the hall, this is just very inconsistent on behalf of the voters (which is not surprising) 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
It should be up to the player. he clearly wanted to go in as a Met. 

He even said that if they told him he was going to be in as a Dodger that he wouldn't want to be in the Hall of Fame. You should probably look up on his relationship with the Dodgers & their fans. Both sides hate each other. Would have been crazy to put him in the HOF as a Dodger.
true
He was better as a dodger, but the divorce was ugly

What intrigues me is his jersey number. Dodgers retire guys who make the hall. He was a dodger for a pretty good amount of time, wonder if they'll do it?
I know he hates it here and has declined every invitation theyve given him including bobbleheads, etc. but this week he hasnt been as mega harsh towards them as he has been in the past so we'll see

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
It's still considered a PED, and after that you basically have to take his word that he only ever used one PED. 

And again, I'm not against steroid users in the hall, this is just very inconsistent on behalf of the voters (which is not surprising) 

the whole thing is just a mess because none of it was banned but some of it was illegal in the US. So that's why I also agree the voters need to make up their minds. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%