Who are your AL/NL MVPs?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And he's also struck out 6 less times than A-Gon in 70 less at bats.

And having less at bats doesn't take away from the fact that he's still hitting .240.
uh, yeah it does

it's why guys in the beginning of the season go from hitting .185 to going 10/15 his next 3 games and all of a sudden hitting .270 (example)

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plus, Ryan Howard struck out 181 times in 2006 and still won MVP. Bautista has only struck out 83 times.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
so?
he still gets on base WAY more often
who cares how often he K's. it's still way less than his walks which is excellent
I don't care about getting on base with RISP, as the #3 hitter you better be driving in runs. I'd much rather have the guy with the .340 average than the .500 OBP in that situation.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
uh, yeah it does

it's why guys in the beginning of the season go from hitting .185 to going 10/15 his next 3 games and all of a sudden hitting .270 (example)
So it would take him hitting .600 with RISP just to get his average to respectability. That's not good.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't care about getting on base with RISP, as the #3 hitter you better be driving in runs. I'd much rather have the guy with the .340 average than the .500 OBP in that situation.
so because he doesnt have Youk and Papi hitting behind him with a base open, he's penalized?

i didnt even talk about OBP with runners on . im talking overall
who cares about K's when you get on base that often over the course of a year

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So it would take him hitting .600 with RISP just to get his average to respectability. That's not good.
what the hell?

you're missing the point

bottom line is, he's easily having the best season in the AL

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm sure his average would be higher if pitchers don't pitch around him so often.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
so because he doesnt have Youk and Papi hitting behind him with a base open, he's penalized?

i didnt even talk about OBP with runners on . im talking overall
who cares about K's when you get on base that often over the course of a year
Because he's not aggressive with RISP is why he's penalized. And here's where Jays fans need to make up their mind, they always say Adam Lind is good but then they say Bautista has no protection.

I haven't been talking about overall at all, I've been talking RISP this entire time, which is what we were talking about.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7264/situational;_ylt=AvngGJFSZAatKMElNJ9JEGfJbQM6

Adrian has had 155 AB with RISP. Jose has had 83. Jose only has 20 less RBIs than Adrian. I think if Jose had as many ABs, he could most definitely have 100 RBIs. Jose has a .511 OBP with RISP while Adrian has a .422 OBP with RISP. I don't see how Jose wouldn't be as successful as Adrian in the Red Sox line-up.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because he's not aggressive with RISP is why he's penalized. And here's where Jays fans need to make up their mind, they always say Adam Lind is good but then they say Bautista has no protection.
That still doesn't give any reason as to why Adrian gets more chances to bat with RISP.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I haven't been talking about overall at all, I've been talking RISP this entire time, which is what we were talking about.
he doesnt get enough chances man
his average would go up if he had a better lineup. its common sense

he sees guys on base the 86th most times in the AL
85 more players see guys on base more often than him. not his fault

and Adam Lind is good at hitting HR. but he has a .301 OBP (awful)
he's slugging .447 (thats 40th in the AL)

you're pitching BC. would you rather face Jose or Lind?
pitchers say Lind because Lind has more chances than Bautista does

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7264/situational;_ylt=AvngGJFSZAatKMElNJ9JEGfJbQM6

Adrian has had 155 AB with RISP. Jose has had 83. Jose only has 20 less RBIs than Adrian. I think if Jose had as many ABs, he could most definitely have 100 RBIs. Jose has a .511 OBP with RISP while Adrian has a .422 OBP with RISP. I don't see how Jose wouldn't be as successful as Adrian in the Red Sox line-up.
yes Rios

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The difference between Adrian Gonzalez and Jose Bautista is defense. Defensive Gonzo is a much better defensive player than Bautista. Ill say that Jbau has had a better season offensively, but Adrian has had a much better defensive season than him.

Thats why Adrian should be MVP.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bautista won't win it because the voters don't like that kind of player who comes from nowhere - but I do think he should win it.

Grandy is having just as good of a year as Adrian, worse average but also many more HR. On pace for 45 HR and 30 SB, also tied for MLB lead in RBI but 3 less games than Adrian.

In the NL, Kemp should win but I don't think he will either. I say Braun.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

2 good players don't make up an offense.

Snider hasn't produced, Hill hasn't produced, Arencibia strikes out like a mad man. Adam Lind is an excellent hitter, and he gives Bautista a little protection, but not enough.

The supporting cast around Jose isn't nearly as good as what gonzalez has around him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ah great comeback. Take 1 word from my post and say "lulz".

I guess i'll choose my words more carefully next time. He's a "solid" hitter.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
What else was there to respond to?

I never claimed what you were trying to dispel.

VC15

Reaction score
The difference between Adrian Gonzalez and Jose Bautista is defense. Defensive Gonzo is a much better defensive player than Bautista. Ill say that Jbau has had a better season offensively, but Adrian has had a much better defensive season than him.

Thats why Adrian should be MVP.
The difference between Gonzalez and Bautista, is that one is a first baseman and the other is an outfielder.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jose Bautista is a great fielder. He can play many different positions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%