What Should The Clippers Do When Blake Griffin Returns?

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
One of the more interesting storylines of the 2015-2016 NBA Season has been the considerably improved play of the Los Angeles Clippers without the presence of their flashy All-Star big man Blake Griffin, who has been forced to miss a large chunk of the season following a multitude of injuries, with the most recent setback being a self-induced broken hand at the expense of the equipment team managers teeth. The Clippers have seen improved results on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court during their time without the former #1 overall pick. A large part of their success is coming from floor spacing as Doc Rivers is able to give Blake's minutes to shooters on the wing, which is allowing Chris Paul and Deandre Jordan to maximize the effectiveness of their deadly pick and roll game. So the question is, what do you think / see the Clippers doing when Blake's hand heals and he's ready to get back on the court at this time next month? Do you see him possibly being dealt at the deadline, or in the offseason? Which teams would be potential suitors for Blake and what can the Clippers get back in return for him if they are to trade him? How should they adjust the rotation when he comes back, assuming he stays in a Clippers jersey?

DISCUSS

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I think that it's a very interesting point. I doubt they do anything, because I feel like their price would be too high for him.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I think that it's a very interesting point. I doubt they do anything, because I feel like their price would be too high for him.
I feel like he would be hard to move for several reasons, the main reason being that it'll be tough to get fair value out of a guy like him at this point. Then from a business standpoint, whoever they hypothetically trade him for is most likely not going to pack the stands and sell hundreds of thousands of jerseys like Blake can. I think from a team standpoint they would be better moving on without him, I just don't know how they can make it happen. I would definitely like to see Blake get a fresh start somewhere else too, would be interesting to see him move to an eastern conference team, like Toronto or maybe New York. I could see either one of those, maybe even a team like Orlando.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
In terms of potential replacement players, I think a guy like Ryan Anderson would be an ideal fit for the Clippers at PF.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
In terms of potential replacement players, I think a guy like Ryan Anderson would be an ideal fit for the Clippers at PF.
I agree with you here. Blake is pretty special at the PF spot and I think that a lot of teams could benefit from him. He'd be really cool to see in New Orleans with AD.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
47th oG said:
Why do they need to trade one of the best players on their roster?
read the OP...

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
Clippers are now 17 - 4 without Blake Griffin....

J

Jimmy Hoosiers

They need to trade him. That roster needs a shake up

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
I feel like he would be hard to move for several reasons, the main reason being that it'll be tough to get fair value out of a guy like him at this point. Then from a business standpoint, whoever they hypothetically trade him for is most likely not going to pack the stands and sell hundreds of thousands of jerseys like Blake can. I think from a team standpoint they would be better moving on without him, I just don't know how they can make it happen. I would definitely like to see Blake get a fresh start somewhere else too, would be interesting to see him move to an eastern conference team, like Toronto or maybe New York. I could see either one of those, maybe even a team like Orlando.
Steve Kyler: You can add the Magic to the list of teams trying to get the Clippers to engage on a trade… they are swinging for the fences 5 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Hennigan isnt playing around anymore

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
CP3MVP said:
Steve Kyler: You can add the Magic to the list of teams trying to get the Clippers to engage on a trade… they are swinging for the fences 5 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Hennigan isnt playing around anymore
Yeah the Magic make a ton of sense in terms of a potential landing spot. That's why I mentioned them earlier, really like the idea of him joining that squad. I wonder what they would give up? Maybe like Fournier and AG ? Channing Frye probably be involved somehow as well I would think

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
Yeah the Magic make a ton of sense in terms of a potential landing spot. That's why I mentioned them earlier, really like the idea of him joining that squad. I wonder what they would give up? Maybe like Fournier and AG ? Channing Frye probably be involved somehow as well I would think
I'd hate to give up AG but sometimes you gotta do what needs to be done. Obviously the #1 priority for any team trading for Griffin is that he is willing to re-sign.

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
Sources close to the situation say the conversation didn’t get incredibly far, but there was a serious conversation believed to be centered around three Magic players heading to L.A. – with Tobias Harris being the big salary in the deal.
Obviously not realy expecting Blake to get traded anywhere Im just really excited that Hennigan isn't just gonna sit on this team any longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%