What should JR Smith get on the open market?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know the Knicks are still playing, but I'm just curious on what you guys think.

Unless he takes a whole lot less, the Knicks won't be able to afford him.  So what do you think he will get?  How much per season?

Marcus Thornton got 8M a year, Smith's winshare says he's worth just under 11M a year, and I've heard some people say no more than 4-5M a year?  So where do you stand?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
7 mill annually for 2 years is what I'd be willing

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd be willing about what cheato said, but wouldn't surprise me to see him get 3 years at 10-12 a year.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I'd lowball the shit out of him and let someone else overpay for his inconsistency.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea I think the playoffs are really showing how easily he can just fall off the map. He was ok this year, really had that 1 month or so where he went off and locked up the 6th man award. 

honestly, I think somewhere around 6M a year. maybe as much as 8. 2 or 3 year deal. 

BrandonNBA

Reaction score
I agree with GMF. Most I'd give would be 8M a year for 2-3 years. That is pushing it. As you guys said, he's very inconsistent and it makes him far less valuable.

He is one of my favorite players. But there will be some desperate team that will overpay him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah. I mean, idk. It's hard to judge these days when you see some of the contracts handed out now. But I definitely think there are plenty of alternatives to JR Smith at that position. There always are. They may not be as athletic but they'll be just as consistent if not more consistent. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%