What do you guys think of LSU?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Tigers defense will be good, as it always is. It may actually get better.

But the offense is what I find interesting, we have a new OC who knows how to develop young QB's. Enter Zach Mettenberger, who some believe could be the next great SEC quarterback. I'm hoping he takes the starting job.

We have a good recieving core, with some 4 and 5 stars and a solid backfield, including 5 star Spencer Ware, Michael Ford, and Alfred Blue.

What yall think? Good season? Or just a season full of biting your nails off again?

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Hogs and LSU are switching places in the standings from here on out like last season.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Hard to believe any season wont be a biting your nails season with the madhatter at the helm. On signing day though, it seemed they got a lot of the top guys, that weren't already committed to them. I don't follow LSU all that much, but I do watch them when I can, because Les Miles is the coach and all. He gets all the criticism because he has all these close games and all these crazy calls that he tends to be on the right side of. It's not pretty, but he wins. I see it being another good season for them. How they get the wins. May be a bunch of nail bitters like usual.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't stand LSU due to the way they run the program. All you need to get into LSU is a pen to sign your name. The academic requirements are a joke. LSU and West Virginia are probably the two worst academic programs in D1.

That being said, they are a talented team and have been for years. The talent has never really been the issue. Les Miles is just a mediocre coach on gameday. He is one hell of a recruiter without a doubt. He just doesn't seem to extract the full potential from all that talent...or maybe he does. His clock management just fucks it all up.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
LSU would be better off getting a better coach. That guy cannot count much less manage the clock.

Ever since he called us ArKansas then we turned around and beat them the next day I have disliked the guy. I'm sure it's burning him up we got them again in Little Rock last season too. He absolutely hates the Hogs.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LSU would be better off getting a better coach. That guy cannot count much less manage the clock.

Ever since he called us ArKansas then we turned around and beat them the next day I have disliked the guy. I'm sure it's burning him up we got them again in Little Rock last season too. He absolutely hates the Hogs.
Miles really improved through last season. At the beginning his clock management was terrible. I honestly believe with good QB play, LSU could contend for a National Championship.

Mooche

Reaction score
I can't stand LSU due to the way they run the program. All you need to get into LSU is a pen to sign your name. The academic requirements are a joke. LSU and West Virginia are probably the two worst academic programs in D1.

That being said, they are a talented team and have been for years. The talent has never really been the issue. Les Miles is just a mediocre coach on gameday. He is one hell of a recruiter without a doubt. He just doesn't seem to extract the full potential from all that talent...or maybe he does. His clock management just fucks it all up.
Excellent post Hurricane.

chargersfan1724

Reaction score
They could be as they always have talent. Hopefully Rivers gets a chance since Jefferson is awful.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I couldn't get into LSU lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I assume you don't play football then, lol.

I should have added "if you play football" to the beginning of that.
The true story is this. One of my friends plays football for LSU, he's a redshirt fresh, walkon, second season this past.

The year he walked on, there were 11 other guys who walked on with him. EVERY last one of them were all white christian boys, with high GPA's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%