Week 5 Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2008 Power Rankings: Week 5

1 (2) Giants 3-0-0 Took the NFC East lead without getting off the couch. With the Seahawks coming in, Giants are staring at 4-0. (MM)
2 (4) Titans 4-0-0 Hard to find fault with the franchise's first 4-0 start. But you have to take note that the teams they've beaten are 3-12 combined. The Titans are the only team that has played three home games. (PK)
3 (1) Cowboys 3-1-0 We'll see if the loss to the Redskins is a wake-up call. The good news is Cincinnati, Arizona and St. Louis are next. (MM)
4 (6) Bills 4-0-0 The Bills have overcome three straight fourth-quarter deficits to remain undefeated. Their opponents have a combined record of 4-11, but the Bills have been sensational when it matters most. (TG)
5 (5) Steelers 3-1-0 The Steelers got back on track with a big win against Baltimore to solidify their spot as one of the AFC's best. (JW)
6 (15) Redskins 3-1-0 Beating the Cowboys on their home turf has to count for something. Big game with Philly looms. (MM)
7 (10) Panthers 3-1-0 Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad give Panthers best receiver duo since Muhammad's departure three years ago. (PY)
8 (9) Chargers 2-2-0 The Chargers' win over Oakland wasn't pretty, but 25 points in the fourth quarter is a nice indication of what this team can do. (BW)
9 (3) Eagles 2-2-0 Deserve a little grace for playing without Brian Westbrook, L.J. Smith and Shawn Andrews. Can't afford to lose at home to the Redskins. (MM)
10 (13) Buccaneers 3-1-0 Brian Griese 3-0 since taking over as starter. (PY)
11 (7) Broncos 3-1-0 The Broncos will continue to slide down the rankings if their defense can't improve. Too much pressure is being put on the Denver offense. (BW)
12 (14) Jaguars 2-2-0 Two consecutive late-game rallies, spurred by a precise David Garrard. They've officially survived the 0-2 start and losses to Tennessee and Buffalo don't look so bad. (PK)
13 (11) Patriots 2-1-0 Eviscerating loss to Dolphins in Week 3 gave Patriots plenty to work on in their bye week. If they can't beat the 49ers on Sunday, prepare for panic to set in. (TG)
14 (17) Ravens 2-1-0 There's nothing wrong with a 2-1 start. But the Ravens missed out on a chance to make a huge statement in Monday's road loss to Pittsburgh. (JW)
15 (8) Packers 2-2-0 The Packers might have to start their backup quarterback for the first time in 16 years if Aaron Rodgers can't recover from a sprained shoulder. (KS)
16 (16) Saints 2-2-0 Deuce McAllister is back to bring much-needed balance to the offense. (PY)
17 (12) Colts 1-2-0 The Colts enjoyed a week off to help refocus and heal. But the best medicine could be the Texans, who've only beaten Indy once. (PK)
18 (20) Bears 2-2-0 The Bears hope they turned the corner in defeating Philadelphia. One thing is for certain: They showed important versatility on offense. (KS)
19 (21) Jets 2-2-0 Brett Favre's six-touchdown day breathes new life into the Jets heading into their bye week. But defense ranks 28th on points allowed and 24th in yards allowed. (TG)
20 (18) Cardinals 2-2-0 Pass protection must improve or Kurt Warner won't last. Cards face must-win vs. Buffalo. (MS)
21 (19) Vikings 1-3-0 It doesn't get any easier this week at New Orleans on Monday Night Football. (KS)
22 (22) 49ers 2-2-0 J.T. O'Sullivan has taken 19 sacks in four games. Tough week for Niners with Pats coming off bye. (MS)
23 (23) Seahawks 1-2-0 Bye week allowed Seahawks to get healthier at receiver. Defense must step up. (MS)
24 (24) Falcons 2-2-0 Falcons beating bad teams and losing to good ones. Must keep Michael Turner running against the good ones. (PY)
25 (26) Browns 1-3-0 The Battle of Ohio wasn't pretty. But the Browns finally got a win and have the bye week to try to get better. (JW)
26 (25) Dolphins 1-2-0 Dolphins shocked the NFL with a crazy romp over the Patriots in Week 3. If the Dolphins can follow up with a win at home over the Chargers, they would rekindle long-lost hopes in South Florida. (TG)
27 (27) Texans 0-3-0 Remaining upbeat despite losing a game they should have won. Ready for a full month at home in Reliant Stadium with the roof open. (PK)
28 (29) Raiders 1-3-0 The Raiders may be a mess, but this team is playing hard. Good things will start to happen if that trend continues. (BW)
29 (31) Chiefs 1-3-0 The Chiefs deserve a lot of credit for their big win over Denver. Many pundits thought they'd go 0-16. That is no longer a worry. (BW)
30 (28) Bengals 0-4-0 This team wasn't good with Carson Palmer. Without him, it might be the worst team in the league. (JW)
31 (30) Lions 0-3-0 Matt Millen's departure doesn't make them any better. At least not this year. (KS)
32 (32) Rams 0-4-0 Rams would be wise to give Marc Bulger another shot. Trent Green's not the long-term answer. (MS)

VC15

Reaction score
1. (2) Giants 3-0-0 Took the NFC East lead without getting off the couch. With the Seahawks coming in, Giants are staring at 4-0. (MM)
AWW YEAAHH

Have a chance at 6-0 before we get the Cowboys. :)

Hoffa

Reaction score
Are you serious! Why are we 3rd? That is bull<Censored> we should be 2nd at the most wow, I'm starting to hate ESPN more and more!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are you serious! Why are we 3rd? That is bull<Censored> we should be 2nd at the most wow, I'm starting to hate ESPN more and more!
You lost brother.

The Titans haven't yet...are looking like more of a complete team. In a toughter Conference I might add.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have to say im impressed with the way we have begun the year.

Like last year i thought we we going to be... less then mediocre and they have proved me wrong again.

#1 Right where we should be.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have to say im impressed with the way we have begun the year.

Like last year i thought we we going to be... less then mediocre and they have proved me wrong again.

#1 Right where we should be.
Agreed.

Impressive start considering how f*cked all the Giants' fans thought the team was after Osi went down.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man it hurt to see him go down..

But I have to say Tuck has stepped up and filled in nicely. And Fred Robbins has upped his game as well.

But I would like to see some more from Phillips, 9tckles (all solo) but I wanna see one of those bone crushing hits he gave out at Miami.

Hoffa

Reaction score
You lost brother.

The Titans haven't yet...are looking like more of a complete team. In a toughter Conference I might add.
Tougher conference? Who is tough in there conference? Patriots sucks so do the Colts and Steelers go beat by Eagles which Cowboys beat the Eagles. AFC is not tough compared to the NFC this year.

And NFC East is the toughest division anyways.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tougher conference? Who is tough in there conference? Patriots sucks so do the Colts and Steelers go beat by Eagles which Cowboys beat the Eagles. AFC is not tough compared to the NFC this year.

And NFC East is the toughest division anyways.
Ur a Cowboys fan & you live in Philly?

OMFG

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You live in Philly to and you're a Vikings fan :D But I know what you mean haha
I've lived in Philly since January.

What's your excuse? And how the f*ck do you live with yourself?

Hoffa

Reaction score
I've lived in Philly since January.

What's your excuse? And how the f*ck do you live with yourself?
I been here 9 years and I don't have an excuse I'm just a Cowboys fan pretty simple if you ask me.

VC15

Reaction score
Impressive start considering how f*cked all the Giants' fans thought the team was after Osi went down.

I didn't think we were f*cked.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You were probably one of the few VC, I knew I thought we were lol

4-0.

K.G

Reaction score
Glad to see my rams are consistent with that last spot so far this season

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm very surprised on how well the Giants started the year. But we'll see how long they keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%