Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
76ers acquire G Giricek from Utah for F Korver
By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer
December 29, 2007

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Philadelphia 76ers acquired guard Gordan Giricek and a first-round draft pick from the Utah Jazz for guard Kyle Korver on Saturday.

Giricek, 6-foot-5, averaged 4.3 points in 22 games for the Jazz this season and has career average of 9.8 in six seasons.

"We are excited about acquiring a player of Gordan's ability, as well as an additional asset in the form of a first-round draft pick," 76ers general manager Ed Stefanski said. "This move will provide us with increased salary cap flexibility this offseason and also allows us to continue our evaluation and development of the young talent we have on this team."

Korver averaged 10.0 points in 25 games with the 76ers and was their top 3-point threat. Korver played four seasons with Philadelphia, averaging 10.5 points and shooting 42 percent.

"I want to thank Kyle for the positive impact he has made on this team and the city of Philadelphia through his play on the court and, even more importantly, his philanthropic efforts off of it," Stefanski said.
I like this trade for the Jazz. Kyle is doing pretty good so far this season and I think he can be a pretty good player off the bench for the Jazz.

.loggie

Reaction score
I'm glad Utah brought in someone thats NOT a center that can shoot 3s.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh....Philly won on this deal...Korver wont be much in the West.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll miss "The Sniper" but the first round draft pick is well worth it. Korver wasn't going to do anymore in turning around our franchise than he already does. This first round draft pick could bring in a monster building block for the future of the Sixers.

I cannot wait for the draft.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good trade for both sides. Utah got a great 3 shooter while they needed to trade Gricek and Phili wants the pick Im sure.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The question now is, does Korver start over Brewer?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
or in rotation over Harpring... i guess he might see more time at SG..

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Even trade for both sides, I like the pick up for Utah though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The question now is, does Korver start over Brewer?
doubt it
brewer's been playing well this season. (except last night vs. the Lakers :p)

Giricek and Sloan have been having problems so its good that Utah got rid of him.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Korver I think will fit in perfectly with the system in Utah, they need people who can catch and shoot, and Korver can do that slightly better than Giricek.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE.

Korver isnt even worth a first round pick by himself, the Sixers stole one from Utah.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I agree he isn't worth a first, but Utah has some good young players that have a lot of potential. Brewer, Fesenko, Almond, Price, Miles...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%