Type B Compensation to be Eliminated

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2011/11/15/2564150/type-b-compensation-to-be-eliminated
According to Joel Shermen, Type B compensation could be eliminated this off season. This would radically change off season plans to teams who offered their type B free agents arbitration.

The report lists the New York Yankees, Houston Astros, Minnesota Twins, Los Angeles Dodgers, Kansas City Royals, and St. Louis Cardinals as teams who will lose out on supplemental draft picks.

Compensation should remain the same for Type A free agents, the team losing the free agent acquiring the team's first round pick (unless it is a protected pick) and getting a sandwhich round pick. The elimination of Type B free agent compensation leave us to wonder, will there be Type B free agency in existence at all? And if it stays, what is the point without any compensation?

How will teams like the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays, who relied to Type B compensation to an extent in the past few years, handle this new?
Thoughts? I personally think it's stupid.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well I kept hearing the Owners wanted to get rid of 1st Round Type A compensation. So, I think if the MLBPA had to choose one or the other this is the safer choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%