TTN 4 - QB's Galore

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Houston, Reed, Clayborn, Ballard, Sheard will all be gone by time the lions pick in the 2nd round.

Sorry. Bowers value is higher than Princes.
Considering how hard Bowers' stock has fallen, Bowers at 13 would be a reach. Prince at 13 would be a steal.

That's an easier way of looking at it as far as "value". Uwrong

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Considering how hard Bowers' stock has fallen, Bowers at 13 would be a reach. Prince at 13 would be a steal.

That's an easier way of looking at it as far as "value". Uwrong
According to the TV "experts" his stock has fallen due to Knee concerns.

BUT.

The Lions "really like" Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers and could take him at No. 13, according to SI's Peter King.
Like all teams, the Lions have to weigh Bowers' upside against concerns regarding his knee. But a healthy Bowers paired with Kyle Vanden Bosch on the outside and lined up next to Ndamukong Suh would be a formidable defensive front. We still have not heard the results of Bowers' medical recheck.
&

Lions GM Martin Mayhew has not taken Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers or Colorado CB Jimmy Smith off his board for knee and character concerns respectively.
Mayhew conceded that Bowers was not in "pristine" condition at his Pro Day workout, but the Lions and their doctors are "not concerned about his health in terms of playing football in the future." Smith had a "great talk" with Smith, and the cornerback has not fallen beyond Mayhew's "threshold" for character concern.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Who's to say either makes it past the Vikes at 12?

The Vikes obviously don't really need Bowers that badly, but they could take him because if he's healthy it's a still for that slot. They could definitely use Prince though, that secondary is so awful outside of Winfield, but he's old now

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Nice input dumbass, how about you go crawl back into Mike Browns asshole?
It's funny you are the only one out of about twenty people that could see that happening. First it was Ponder, then it was Kaepernick and whoever else, now it's Prince who won't even be on the board by the time Jacksonville picks unless they trade up. Just can't make up your mind can you? I know there's a lot of good players you'd like to have, but you only have a few days to make up your mind. Sorry I'm ruining your hopes, but I don't see Prince getting past the Lions. If the Lions have a shot at him, he will be gone IMO

Mooche

Reaction score
We spammed the shit out of TTN's Mock. Sorry bud! :D

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It's funny you are the only one out of about twenty people that could see that happening. First it was Ponder, then it was Kaepernick and whoever else, now it's Prince who won't even be on the board by the time Jacksonville picks unless they trade up. Just can't make up your mind can you? I know there's a lot of good players you'd like to have, but you only have a few days to make up your mind. Sorry I'm ruining your hopes, but I don't see Prince getting past the Lions. If the Lions have a shot at him, he will be gone IMO
HA, funny.

First.

I'd be open to anybody at 16 outside of DE's.

I'm happy with both Kaepernick and Ponder.

Something just tells me Prince MIGHT be there. I'm not saying "OH, HES THERE, ITS OVER, GIVE HIM THE JERSEY NOW, HES A JAG".

You're not ruining anybodies hopes, Regardless of what the Jags do. I know its better than the direction the Bungles are moving in. Have fun, stay classy. I'll ship you some tissues when 2011 is over.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
HA, funny.

First.

I'd be open to anybody at 16 outside of DE's.

I'm happy with both Kaepernick and Ponder.

Something just tells me Prince MIGHT be there. I'm not saying "OH, HES THERE, ITS OVER, GIVE HIM THE JERSEY NOW, HES A JAG".

You're not ruining anybodies hopes, Regardless of what the Jags do. I know its better than the direction the Bungles are moving in. Have fun, stay classy. I'll ship you some tissues when 2011 is over.
I'll easily admit about 31 teams in the NFL are moving in a better direction than the Bengals, but I'll never lose the hope no matter what, even if I look like an idiot. Going into every season I believe they can do it, even if the chances are slim to none, so, if they do have another bad season, it won't surprise me, but I won't give up. My expectations for 2011 are no different than any other year. I might need the box of tissues though, I'll get back to you on that later in the year.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Wow guys, quit fighting.
Quit posting all the reports, because we all know they are all bullshit at this point. We're 3 days from the draft.
just wait and fucking see.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
kam, having Peter King say the Lions will pick Bowers doesnt mean shit.

Remember, this is the same guy who a week ago said the Bills should draft Anthony Castanzo....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think this Marvin Austin guy might be real good, his character might be an issue, but I don't think so.

Mooche

Reaction score
I think this Marvin Austin guy might be real good, his character might be an issue, but I don't think so.
Austin will be a fine talent in the league. I think if he ends up in the right situation, there is no reason why the guy can't succeed if his head is on straight.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the thing on ESPN they had on him, he seems like his head is on pretty good. Just made some mistakes, but lots of college players do that, not necessarily caught by the NCAA though.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
kam, having Peter King say the Lions will pick Bowers doesnt mean shit.

Remember, this is the same guy who a week ago said the Bills should draft Anthony Castanzo....
He said that because they need Oline more than anything, and they do.

I swear, I worry about you sometimes.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't wait til thursday...this will be my first draft in 2 years...i've missed it. Luckily I caught 1 on the radio for a few minutes 1 year...the year Mr. Pat White got drafted :D

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He said that because they need Oline more than anything, and they do.

I swear, I worry about you sometimes.
the bills need the BPA, not position wise necessarily. its not like they get a LT, and then they are a playoff team.

Thats like if the Jags were 4rd overall, do you really think they would pass over AJ for Gabbert? probably not

when your team is that bad, you need more of that impact guy. Passing up Miller, who is considered by some as the #1 prospect, for someone who isnt even the best at their position, is not smart at all.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the bills need the BPA, not position wise necessarily. its not like they get a LT, and then they are a playoff team.

Thats like if the Jags were 4rd overall, do you really think they would pass over AJ for Gabbert? probably not

when your team is that bad, you need more of that impact guy. Passing up Miller, who is considered by some as the #1 prospect, for someone who isnt even the best at their position, is not smart at all.
LOL 4rd LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%