TTN 2012 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
We wouldn't do that trade, sorry to break it to you.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The film may not be great with Poe, but with his size and athleticism it's hard to put him down.

As a Panthers fan, I'm so torn on what to do with this pick. I'm scared by Poe's lack of great tape and lack of pedigree. I don't think any of the other DTs are worth taking that high up. I've seen that we invited Kuechly for a visit, and while I like him as a prospect I am not comfortable taking a LB in the top 10 especially since our LBs are solid when healthy... and even if Kuechly is as good as he's supposed to be, LB is not enough of an impact position that it would change our defense much at all. I also don't think taking Floyd would be good for us either. I hope Claiborne falls because of his wonderlic, but I doubt it.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The film may not be great with Poe, but with his size and athleticism it's hard to put him down.

As a Panthers fan, I'm so torn on what to do with this pick. I'm scared by Poe's lack of great tape and lack of pedigree. I don't think any of the other DTs are worth taking that high up. I've seen that we invited Kuechly for a visit, and while I like him as a prospect I am not comfortable taking a LB in the top 10 especially since our LBs are solid when healthy... and even if Kuechly is as good as he's supposed to be, LB is not enough of an impact position that it would change our defense much at all. I also don't think taking Floyd would be good for us either. I hope Claiborne falls because of his wonderlic, but I doubt it.
I think you could make an argument for Fletcher Cox being the #1 DT in this class. But quite honestly, I don't think any DT is worth a top 10 pick in this draft anymore. Teams have a way of identifying their needs, then overrating prospects that may not be worth their slot. That's how you get busts I guess.

Honestly I don't think the Panthers are in such a bad spot with their team, it wouldn't be bad to maybe take bpa (unless it's like a QB or RB of course). I could see the Panthers maybe taking a guy like Reiff if he is still available at #9 because Otah doesn't seem very reliable health wise. Or maybe it's the perfect time for the Panthers to draft the eventual replacement for Steve Smith?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm torn on Reiff too, because even though Otah is always injured and Gross is old-ish, it's not like our OL caused any problems for us last year.

WR2 is a need, but I don't think Wright is a good fit. Floyd may be, but I think 9 is a bit early for him.

If I was in charge, I'd trade down and pick up an extra pick. Maybe trade down to the mid/late teens, and then have our pick of DT or maybe Martin or Floyd.

I wouldn't be too upset if we took a DE either.

TTN2810

Reaction score
And you havent heard that Mel Kiper, who gets about 30% of his mocks correct at best, is the only one to have McClellin in the Top 40....
You haven't heard Mike Mayock has him as his second OLB, Over Mercilus and Upshaw?
I seriously don't know why I started posting here again. Some people.
And 30% is good lol. There was a list of all the draft guys, and the best was at like 37% lmao. Seriously. Stop man. It's getting funny.

Rice18

Reaction score
I love your sass, like a 10 year old girl.
Why would we trade down to get a worse player at the same position ?

Only way we trade our pick is for 2 firsts.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's the Poe video:

I wouldn't have a huge issue with Poe going around the Phil Taylor range, but investing a top 10 pick on a guy that looks this lazy and unmotivated on film is an enormous risk.

A 350+ pound DT shouldn't be getting stood up by running backs. A top 10 defensive lineman shouldn't consistently give up on plays. At one point in that video, he's a good second and a half late off the ball.

The potential is there for sure. There is no denying his strength and athleticism, but if he doesn't play at 100% then it really doesn't matter how talented he is.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Why would we trade down to get a worse player at the same position ?

Only way we trade our pick is for 2 firsts.
I based the trade off the trade chart. Don't go by my trade. Idk what Miami is willing to give up, but I think they'll trade up.

Rice18

Reaction score
I based the trade off the trade chart. Don't go by my trade. Idk what Miami is willing to give up, but I think they'll trade up.
Thats what I am saying, we would need their pick this year and next year in the first to trade IMO. I think we have fallen in love with Kalil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%