Towering 14 y/o Recruit

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's pretty hard not to notice Stephen Zimmerman in any setting. He's 6-foot-10, wears a size 19 shoe and towers above everyone in any room he enters.

But here's the most astounding part of Zimmerman's story: He's only 14 years old and just finished the eighth grade.

Zimmerman had already reached the 4-foot mark by the time he turned 4. At 11, he became a 6-footer and was dunking a basketball two years later. Now at 14, he's 6-10 and - get this - supposedly not done growing yet (doctors predict he'll stop between 7-1 and 7-2).

So, no, Zimmerman certainly won't be a typical freshman walking the halls this fall at Bishop Gorman High in Las Vegas. But Bishop Gorman isn't the typical high school, either. Gorman could be the top-ranked basketball team in the nation with four elite D-I prospects, including the No. 1 player in the 2012 class, Shabazz Muhammad.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1246973
god damn.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He plays for Dream Vision he's gonna be nice and probably attend a Adidas school..kid is gonna be a really good player.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Does he actually have talent or is he just good because of his height?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does he actually have talent or is he just good because of his height?
It says he has a great skills around the rim and has a nice shot from the 3. Just doesnt have the best handles just like most big men. Says he bases his game of Dirk's

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Terrible defender and rebounder? :p

JPDaBeast23

Reaction score
I played a kind in baseballthat was 6'8'', going into 8th grade. not that it matters or anything..

Oiler35

Reaction score
What the fuck? The kid's a year younger than me, and has a good foot- 11 inches on me.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i played basketball with two brother who were 16 and 17 y/o and both were 6'6 and growing. one was lanky, the other had a solid build. pretty fucking good at basketball, one was a point and the other was a forward.. both went in to the coast guard lol.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a handful of stuff on this guy, word is he has few skills and his height is pushing him through right now. They say he can't dribble and all he has is a decent shot from 18 feet. Also say he has good hands.

You can watch him on youtube. He's not that impressive other than his size.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does he have a form of giantism? Usually that means your bones are weak and usually you don't live long...let alone play basketball long.

I wonder if he can run a straight line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%