Top 5 RBs in the NFL right now.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
You would take a speed RB, who dies down in time, over a Power Back? :blink:
Well I would obviously take a balanced RB over both, but if I had to choose I would take the speed guy. Its a speed driven league and I would prefer my running back to have speed over power. Chris Johnson is a game changer in every aspect of the word, not many RB's have that ability. Yea, sure you have good RB's who will get their yards, but CJ with 1 play can change the whole momentum.

Reaction score
1. AP
2. MJD
3. CJ
4. Jamaal Charles
5. SJax

Kam being a Jags fan has nothing to do with MJD being better than CJ, at least I think anyways.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can't say the power over speed statement comparing CJ and AD because Peterson is powerful AND amazingly fast. He's a generational talent. CJ is just fast, Jamaal Charles can (and will/has) do what he does.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
if your team got to have any NFL RB join your team, I would be choosing between Peterson and MoJo

If Peterson solves his fumbling issue 100%, he's the top RB. But if it doesn't, Drew might be the best available

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He had like 1 this year and IIRC, it was debatable whether it was a fumble or not, I'd say that's a thing of the past now

Even with the fumbles he was top dog

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
1. AP
2. Charles
3. JD
4. CJ2K
5. SJax

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
1. Adrian Peterson
2. MJD
3. Chris Johnson
4. Arian Foster
5. Peyton Hillis

If we're talking right now, that's my list. No doubt. There was 1 guy whose name hasn't been tossed around much but should, and that is Jamaal Charles. I left him off because of his low TD numbers this season.

Peyton Hillis makes the list because he's so versatile. He can knock a guy over, he can leap over him, he can power his way into the endzone and even on passing plays you gotta look out for him because he can burn you with some receptions as well. That is just such a great weapon to have.

Like I said, I wanted to put Charles on here. I should have. But I had to go with the guys who put up great numbers this year against defenses that were 100% focused on them, who loaded up 8 or 9 in the box to stop them (ie CJ & AP).

Charles is definitely #6 for me though. 6.4 ypc. MJD makes the list because he can catch passes effectively as well, is short and speedy, he's tough as well, and played the season with that injury that none of us knew was that serious.

Reaction score
Do you guys really think Peyton Hillis is a top 6 area RB? Lots of people think he is extremely overrated, and only gets numbers because the Browns run a lot.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well his season was also impressive because the Browns had no threat of a passing game for the entire year to keep pressure off him.

Reaction score
Well his season was also impressive because the Browns had no threat of a passing game for the entire year to keep pressure off him.
Yeah, I'd like to see him play on a team with a real passing threat. They defo need to draft a receiver this year. You think McCoy is capable of leading a real threat of a passing game?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yeah, and when they did throw the ball.... they threw it to him! lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see him play on a team with a real passing threat. They defo need to draft a receiver this year. You think McCoy is capable of leading a real threat of a passing game?
He can be a good QB, needs weapons at WR.

yeah, and when they did throw the ball.... they threw it to him! lol.
Pretty much lol, I think he had like 60 receptions.

Reaction score
1. Adrian Peterson
2. MJD
3. Chris Johnson
4. Arian Foster
5. Peyton Hillis

If we're talking right now, that's my list. No doubt. There was 1 guy whose name hasn't been tossed around much but should, and that is Jamaal Charles. I left him off because of his low TD numbers this season.

Peyton Hillis makes the list because he's so versatile. He can knock a guy over, he can leap over him, he can power his way into the endzone and even on passing plays you gotta look out for him because he can burn you with some receptions as well. That is just such a great weapon to have.

Like I said, I wanted to put Charles on here. I should have. But I had to go with the guys who put up great numbers this year against defenses that were 100% focused on them, who loaded up 8 or 9 in the box to stop them (ie CJ & AP).

Charles is definitely #6 for me though. 6.4 ypc. MJD makes the list because he can catch passes effectively as well, is short and speedy, he's tough as well, and played the season with that injury that none of us knew was that serious.
I dunno bout Arian Foster. If you watched him last year, you would see his FB, and his blocking scheme kinda made him look good. Foster isn't bad tho, but he ain't top 5 YET.

Barcode

Reaction score
Jamaal Charles - Led the NFL in both DYAR & DVOA in 2010. Elite skill set, young and lots of upside.

Adrian Peterson - Seemed to put an end to his fumbling problems. Team is in turmoil, he'll see tons of stacked boxes next season.

L McCoy - very exciting player, a threat in both the run & pass.

Arian Foster - Legit. 4th in DVOA and 2nd in DYAR. Ideal frame, 3 down back, young and will pile up stats.

MJ Drew - Pocket Hercules, a One Man Show in Jax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%