Tommy who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I overheard this guys name the other night in Dunhams sports on a radio show, it sounded a bit familiar; however, didn't ring a bell.

So, I did the all-american thing and came home and typed; Tommy Novice wiki; into google.

I did some research and found his name to be Tommy Nobis, former UT and Falcons LB.

And all I have to say is, why in God's-green-earth is this man not in Canton?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Nobis

I don't give a rat's ass how bad your team is, look at Barry Sanders for God sakes.

Tommy Nobis joined the Falcons for their inaugural season in 1966. That season he won the league's NFL Rookie of the Year, was voted to the Pro Bowl and amassed an unprecedented 294 combined tackles which still stands today as the team's all-time single-season record [1], and is unofficially the most tackles ever credited to one player, in a season, in NFL history. In eleven professional seasons he led the Falcons in tackles nine times, went to five Pro Bowls (one in 1972 after two knee surgeries), was named All-Pro twice and was chosen for the NFL's "All-Decade Team" for the 1960s. Miami Dolphins great, running back Larry Csonka commented, "I'd rather play against Dick Butkus than Nobis," and Falcon's coach Norm Van Brocklin once pointed to Nobis' locker and proclaimed, "There's where our football team dresses."

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
damn.

i knew of him because im from Austin and UT legends are all over the place here. but I never looked at his pro stats, this dude was a beast!!!

NOBIS FOR HOF!!!!!

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I wish I was a HoF voter.

Mooche

Reaction score
Got his autograph actually, as well. :D uT Alumni always have a place in my heart. His stats are outstanding and from what I read, he was just an absolute monster on the field.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It seems like the ones who really deserve it never get any credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%