Toe injury to sideline Cavs' Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
ESPN.com said:
CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers guard Daniel Gibson will miss at least two weeks because of a toe injury, the team's first significant setback of the season.

Gibson sprained his left big toe in the second quarter Tuesday night against Toronto. He didn't travel to Cleveland's game in Philadelphia, staying back Wednesday to be examined by Dr. Jim Sferra at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health and to undergo an MRI and X-rays. The team said he didn't provide results of those tests.

One of the Cavs' top reserves and outside shooters, Gibson is averaging 9.4 points and 24 minutes for the Cavaliers, who have won nine straight and are 17-1 since Nov. 3.

With a 114-94 romp over the Raptors, Cleveland became the first team in NBA history to win nine games in a row by at least 12 points.

Gibson has begun to find his touch after being in a prolonged shooting slump. He has averaged 13.8 points and made 8 of 14 3-pointers in four games this month.

"It could affect us a little bit," forward LeBron James said before their game in Philadelphia. "Guys have to step up. One thing we have is a lot of depth on our bench. We could continue this run if we stay injury free."

Cavs coach Mike Brown will likely extend the minutes for guards Mo Williams and Delonte West until Gibson returns. Also, reserve Sasha Pavlovic can play in the backcourt and may get more playing time.

"Hopefully, we don't have any more injuries," Brown said.
One less weapon.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, he was playing very bad during lots of the opening games this season, and we played fine with it. Small set back, but Sasha Pavlovic has been playing pretty well as of late as well so it wont be that big of a loss.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
Not a big loss for the Cavs there doing just fine but hopefully he has a good come back

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That sucks. Gibson is one of the few Cavs players I like(It helps that he went to Texas as well). Although, he hasn`t been that much of a major weapon, he could still come in and make baskets when he needed to.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this guy had one good game seriously
and they've been winning without him

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this guy had one good game seriously
and they've been winning without him
Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying one good game, he's had a couple 20 point games this year, a few other good games, he's a nice spark off the bench.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
of course I was using hyperbole, but you get what i'm saying

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
of course I was using hyperbole, but you get what i'm saying
Yea, I know a lot of Cavs fans who love him, and I've always been one of those guys who have said, even as a Cavs fan, he is overrated. After the 07 ECF, people acted as if he was the Cavaliers 2nd best player, which he was not even close to being. Just a nice spot up shooter who can occasionally drive who is a nice spark off the bench.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bingo

i think you'll manage without him. let him get healed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%