titans 2010 NFL Mock Draft v5.0

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I clearly missed that <__<

Anyone who thought he would be anything like Sayers is/was way-off.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Stats for DT's aren't THAT important. Sure sacks and tackles are big, but DT are a force who sometime cause plays, not always make plays.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stats for DT's aren't THAT important. Sure sacks and tackles are big, but DT are a force who sometime cause plays, not always make plays.
Suh was the biggest defensive impact player in the NCAA last year. Suh was the most feared player in the big 12, because he can change a game.

TTN2810

Reaction score
So can McCoy. But let's just drop it. No one is going to agree on everything, and this is just one of those things.

Mooche

Reaction score
Suh was the biggest defensive impact player in the NCAA last year. Suh was the most feared player in the big 12, because he can change a game.
That's why he's the best overall prospect in the draft this year.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Guys, why do you think the best Scouter/evaluator in the world (Mayock) has McCoy ahead of Suh?

Mooche

Reaction score
Guys, why do you think the best Scouter/evaluator in the world (Mayock) has McCoy ahead of Suh?
O.K first of all, Mayock is NOT the best scouter/evaluator in the world. If he was SO good, like people make him out to be, why would NFL teams not go after him to hire for themselves? Answer that question. Secondly, it's not like Mayock hasn't be wrong before. Let me give you an example of a player he was completely wrong on - Michael Huff. He was stating Huff was going to be the next superstar safety, and in almost a class of his own. That didn't turn out to well. I for one understand how tough the draft process truly is, but I do get mad when people like to simply jump on the mainstream fact that just because we see Mayock on T.V state something, doesn't mean it is always correct by any stretch.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Mayock has gotten tons of offers from NFL teams. He turned them all down. And Huff was one bad call. He has tonnes of great ones. HE called Matt Ryan being better than Russell when everyone else had Russell higher.

Mooche

Reaction score
Mayock has gotten tons of offers from NFL teams. He turned them all down. And Huff was one bad call. He has tonnes of great ones. HE called Matt Ryan being better than Russell when everyone else had Russell higher.
I fail to see why, if he was SO good, like you apparently believe - an NFL team wouldn't just toss the boatload of cash at him to get him to hop on their staff. That was just one example, I can get more if you truly need to see. He's not perfect. He's good. But not perfect. Matt Ryan came out in 2008, and Russell was in 2007, so I don't understand how that comparison hops in.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I think everyone thought Russell was going to be awful -- myself included.

Mayock isn't that great, you have to realize most of this is hit-or-miss; it's seemingly a guessing game on who will be a success and who will bust.

There are factors that make it easier: talent, skills, athleticism, and ethic; however, a guy can have all of that and still be a bust.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maycock never comes out and predicts anything that lots of other people are predicting as well. Matt Ryan was looked at as the most NFL ready quarterback of the draft. Most of us at SI, on draft day, were saying Russell is the second coming of Daunte Culpepper. Okay...we were wrong about that, Russell is actually worse.

There's a slight difference in McCoy and Suh. One having an injury history with his knees is one major difference but where Suh's strength is being that big, run stuffer....McCoy is more versatile.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I can see McCoy being moved to DE in a few years when he doesn't pan out as a DT>

What few forget to realize is that there is only so good a player can get as a linemen in the NCAA.

I don't care who you are -- you can only get so good. You can't be NFL caliber in the NCAA -- it just doesn't happen. You play scrub teams, and in the NFL those scrub teams would make Alabama look like a JV football team if they played

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can see McCoy being moved to DE in a few years when he doesn't pan out as a DT>

What few forget to realize is that there is only so good a player can get as a linemen in the NCAA.

I don't care who you are -- you can only get so good. You can't be NFL caliber in the NCAA -- it just doesn't happen. You play scrub teams, and in the NFL those scrub teams would make Alabama look like a JV football team if they played
There's been an awful lot of first round DT busts in the last few draft.

Mooche

Reaction score
Maycock never comes out and predicts anything that lots of other people are predicting as well. Matt Ryan was looked at as the most NFL ready quarterback of the draft. Most of us at SI, on draft day, were saying Russell is the second coming of Daunte Culpepper. Okay...we were wrong about that, Russell is actually worse.

There's a slight difference in McCoy and Suh. One having an injury history with his knees is one major difference but where Suh's strength is being that big, run stuffer....McCoy is more versatile.
That's exactly my point. I am going to be honest, I did not think that highly of Matt Ryan coming out. I was opposed to the crowd. Mayock, gets all this credit when a ton of people said they like what Ryan brings to the table. It's all about this name and ego on NFLN that gets all this credit. The guy knows his stuff, no doubt about that. But he isn't perfect, like I said earlier.

Mooche

Reaction score
Exactly -- overrated.

:p
Meh. This is the year where we see him bounce back, and truly see what he is made of in my opinion. It's not like he was terrible by any stretch last year, he wasn't anything more than average though.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I dislike him for the team he plays for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%