• Leave it as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Inspired by JP Morosi's new article:
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ake-decisions-about-return-to-montreal-033116

More than 100,00 fans are expected to pack Montreal's Olympic Stadium to watch the Jays battle the Red Sox in a pair of exhibition games. We're all aware of what led to the fall of the Expos but things have improved. A generation of Millenials are continuing efforts to rebuild the city, the passion for baseball never left, and there's apparently a solid option for an ownership group.

Should MLB put a team back in Montreal and if so, how do they go about it?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
How about get the Rays a stadium that actually matters? If not, only move them to North or South Carolina, not Canada.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
How about get the Rays a stadium that actually matters? If not, only move them to North or South Carolina, not Canada.
Love The Trop. Has a lot of character but a hike from densely populated areas of central Florida. And I do have my doubts as to whether or not a stadium in downtown Tampa would be much of an attendance bump for the Rays annually. Tourism supports the Spring Training spots in the area but not the Rays.

catman

Reaction score
If Tampa won't put a stadium in a more accessible area and Montreal builds one, or at least agrees to do so, I say move the team. Baseball isn't doing well financially in Tampa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%