Tigers place Damon, Inge on waivers

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Last week, FoxSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reported that Brandon Inge had been placed on waivers. Then Rosenthal quickly retracted the report.

Now comes word, again, that Inge (and teammate Johnny Damon this time), have been placed on waivers.
We mean it this time. We think.

Today the report comes from ESPN's Buster Olney. Olney also reports that while many teams may be interested in Inge (the Atlanta Braves come to mind first), Damon could draw interest from the White Sox, Rangers, or even his old team the Boston Red Sox.

Of course, just because a player is placed on waivers does not mean a move is imminent. A team can pull a player off of waivers if it can't work out an acceptable trade, and many players are put through waivers without a specific deal in mind.

But both Damon and Inge will be free agents at the end of the season, so the Tigers may be looking to get something for them now, instead of having them leave later.
Well, we are officially throwing in the towel for the season. Which we should have done a couple weeks ago. Dombrowski really needs to go. Unless we have a big offseason, which I don't see coming.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah we need to fire him and leyland.

Swag_Surfin

Reaction score
At least you got Miggy still contending for a Trip Crown

Sucks to lose Damon and Inge though

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Almost every player goes on waivers..

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I dont see many teams lining up to sign Damon or Inge. But they could help a contending team here and there. Damon shouldve just stayed with the Yankees and signed for less.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we better spend some cash this offseason..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<Censored> Inge, hopefully we keep Damon though.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Sorry Sally.

Johnny Damon might not be a Detroit Tiger much longer.

SI.com reported today that an unidentified team claimed the Tigers outfielder/designated hitter on waivers, which might grease the skids for his departure.

SI's John Heyman writes, "There's a good chance the struggling Tigers will part ways with Damon and thus let the claiming team pay the remainder of his contract."

Damon signed a one-year, $8-million deal with the Tigers last off-season. The 37-year-old has said he'd like to return to Detroit next season, even if he leaves this month

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He needs to grow his hair and beard back again lol.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yep, its the Red Sox. Interesting.

VC15

Reaction score
So Damon will be heading from one non-contending team to another? This guy is a pure genius.

VC15

Reaction score
I was referring to him no taking our deal in the off-season so he could have a chance at a repeat.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
No one said he was going to the Sox. He doesn't have to. Plus he has a no trade clause in his contract. He said he wants to stay here, and even come back next season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDC really, I'm sure we make an effort to bring him back next year.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Tigers outfielder Johnny Damon is leaning against a return to the Red Sox.

Detroit placed Damon on waivers late last week and Boston, one of his former teams, claimed him.

"My gut and everything else tells me Detroit's the place for me," he told reporters on Monday night.

Damon said over the weekend that he hoped to re-sign with the Tigers this winter, even if he was eventually traded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%