Thunder Acquires Eric Maynor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Oklahoma City Thunder has acquired rookie point guard Eric Maynor in a trade with Utah, The Oklahoman has learned.

In exchange, the Thunder will send the draft rights to Peter Fehse, a 2002 second-round pick, to Utah. The deal, which is expected to be announced Tuesday night, will also bring Matt Harpring’s expiring $6.5 million contract to Oklahoma City, but the 33-year-old Harpring is out for the season after numerous ailments and surgeries deteriorated his performance.

To make room for Maynor and Harpring, the Thunder will release reserve guards Shaun Livingston and Mike Wilks.

Maynor, the 20th overall pick out of Virginia Commonwealth, is averaging 5.2 points, 3.1 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 14 minutes per game.
http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/20...vingston-wilks/

Fresh news. Nothing on the big sites yet, but this has been roaming all over twitter between the basketball heads.

OKC finally got a real PG. Westbrook's a good defender, but he turns the ball over a lot, and he has the moves but he's not really efficient. 38% FG, ouch. He's also definitely not a PG. If the Thunder decide to use Maynor, they'd have a real floor general on the court, and that could help everyone, not just Westbrook.

For the Jazz, salary dumping move, they save a lot of money with this. As for Peter Fehse, I have never even heard of that name before.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just makes you wonder why on earth did the Jazz even draft a PG this year, and then they trade that PG for nothing.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good question. Yeah I was surprised they drafted Maynor too, they need perimeter scoring more than anything else and there were still lots of options left.... like Chase Budinger, a guy I still can't believe that he fell so low.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would the Jazz do this?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They needed to shed some salary, Matt Harpring makes a good chunk of change.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nice Pickup for the Thunder Maynor is a beast. I hope he gets more PT in OKC.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OKC is going to have a loaded backcourt in the future with Maynor, Harden, and Westbrook, if they all pan out of course.

EL12

Reaction score
So I Guess if they use 3 guard rotation harden is the one who doent play at starting lineup... btw great trade for thunder

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In a way this trade shocks me a bit for the Thunder.
Why Maynor with Westbrook and Harden? Do they really want the depth that bad? IMO I think Harden has potential to beast.

EL12

Reaction score
In a way this trade shocks me a bit for the Thunder.
Why Maynor with Westbrook and Harden? Do they really want the depth that bad? IMO I think Harden has potential to beast.
the way i see it there are two ways to do it:

1. Maynor and westbrook starts normaly... and when they want harden to play more they take some time from harden at pg letting play westbrook at it.Still harden would probably get a lot lesser PT

2.Maynor and Harden starts normaly.. and westbrook becomes 6th man subing in for both maynor and harden ... in this case all 3 should get same amount of PT...

I would prefer the second case...but, i think thunder will choose the first one because i doubt they want westbrook out of starting 5

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see Westbrook on the bench either. Though I'm not even too sure of the Thunder's starting 5 as it is lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, nice move for the Thunder as stated. But this helps the Jazz since their in cap hell.
This is like an odd amount of depth at the guard spots now for the Thunder, Harden and Russel can be all stars while Maynor and Thabo can both be great players too. Lol, that's even more young talent on a team loaded with it..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh, not really. lol, I don't know I included him. He'll be solid.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thabo is such a great defender and is starting to hit outside shots
he'll be a fine fine role player and super defender.
already is.
Thabo is one of my NBA loves at first sight lol
as soon as i heard his name called in the draft out of sweden i was like, tight. then i saw some footage of him, saw that he was black (lol just assumed he was white :p) daaaaaamn. been a fav of mine ever since

and good trade for OKC.

this team has crazy talent.
> than that overhyped portland squad

EL12

Reaction score
thabo is such a great defender and is starting to hit outside shots
he'll be a fine fine role player and super defender.
already is.
Thabo is one of my NBA loves at first sight lol
as soon as i heard his name called in the draft out of sweden i was like, tight. then i saw some footage of him, saw that he was black (lol just assumed he was white :p) daaaaaamn. been a fav of mine ever since

and good trade for OKC.

this team has crazy talent.
> than that overhyped portland squad
i think we cant compare okc and ptb...cause they are just in different phasis of their franchises... i think now top 2 teams by potencial would be memphis and okct

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah the backcourt is pretty confusing to try and find out right now. Sefolosha was signed to a multi-year deal in the offseason because they had him part of their long-term plans.

I'd start Westbrook and Sefolosha. Harden could have a 6th man Manu Ginobili type roll, or a J.R. Smith type of thing similar in Denver where they started Dahntay Jones last season, and Afflalo this season for early defensive purposes. Than Maynor of course could be used to spell Westbrook, or be used with him for some small ball. Maynor's a real PG so he would play great and compliment either of the other three guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%