The Winnipeg "Team" Appreciation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Reaction score
I kinda expected that. I wish Noel could have stayed one more year in Columbus, i'd much rather have Arniel.

Does that mean we are getting a name today as well?

JKG33

Reaction score
as have I. Possible #5 (maybe we could still snag Landeskog?) or even #1. I've heard lots of Bogosian for #1 rumours/speculation. Thats a trade I would do in a heartbeat. Edmonton probably wouldn't though.

Mooche

Reaction score
Bogosian for that pick I'd be SO happy with.. I really didn't want Bogosian going, but still, for that, hell yeah.

I love this management already.

JKG33

Reaction score
Bogosian for that pick I'd be SO happy with.. I really didn't want Bogosian going, but still, for that, hell yeah.

I love this management already.
I've heard that Bogo doesn't want to play here. So I think he will get traded, its just a matter of for what

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Winnipeg fans are about to be happy....

It appears that fans of the new Winnipeg hockey team won't have to wait much longer to find out the name of the team.

The club is expected to name its team just prior to making the 7th overall pick during tonight's NHL Entry Draft, which can be seen live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Make sure to check out TSN.ca for a live hockey blog with TSN Analyst Craig Button, beginning at 6:30 pm et/3:30 pm pt.

After an explosive Thursday that watched big name players get moved, Friday could be just as volatile as the NHL Entry Draft goes tonight in Minnesota.

The Edmonton Oilers hold the first overall pick, and the consensus choice is Red Deer Rebels centre Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Nugent-Hopkins ranked first on every major scouting report, as the highly-skilled centre had 31 goals and 106 points with Red Deer last season. The Oilers have another pick in the first round at 19.

But much of the draft talk was overshadowed Thursday by major trades by the Philadelphia Flyers, who dealt two of their cornerstones within an hour of each other.

They first sent centre Jeff Carter to Columbus in exchange for Jakub Voracek, plus first round (8th overall) and third round draft picks. Then it was captain Mike Richards being moved to L.A. in exchange for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

The Flyers shed nearly $100 million in salary, some of which was used to sign goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a nine-year, $51 million deal.

Colorado, Florida, New Jersey and the New York Islanders round out the top five slots in the draft, before another Canadian team gets a pick.

The Ottawa Senators will choose sixth. They also have a second first-rounder at 21 – courtesy of the deal that sent Mike Fisher to Nashville.

The Flames will choose 13th, while the Montreal Canadiens will pick 17th. The Toronto Maple Leafs will choose 25th and 30th, while the Vancouver Canucks will pick 29th.
TSN

Mooche

Reaction score
This was a good decision by the management for sure. Let's stop beating around the bush and get this team named already. We need an identity and something to refer to them as.

Yeah I heard Bogosian isn't interested in playing here. It sucks. But it's just the way of the business -- so we gotta go out and get a nice piece or two for him for sure.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With the 7th pick overall, the Winnipeg Jets select...and the crowd erupts

*fingers crossed*

JKG33

Reaction score
How perfect is it that the draft is in minny? Just a seven hour drive from Winnipeg, so im sure there will be a lot of Jets fans there. Its going to be good

Oiler35

Reaction score
Pretty much, I think it's Jets or the city of Winnipeg breaks out in riots worse than what Vancouver had.

Mooche

Reaction score
Well, I've been right as you might recall on saying we were playing Montreal for our home opener.

My sources (trustworthy ones to say the least) have told me to be quiet on this, but it's going be a party tonight..

Let's just say the Winnipeg Jets fly forever. <3

TTN2810

Reaction score
via Chris Johnston, The Canadian Press
A source indicated the team will use a new logo. But it looks like fans won't get to see the new sweater at the draft at the Xcel Energy Center. Instead, a generic jersey will be given to the team's first prospect.
PUMPED.

Mooche

Reaction score
New colours, new logo, new style is what my source is saying.

TTN2810

Reaction score
New colors? Booo.
I'd have a hard time believing they'd keep the name, but not the colors..

Mooche

Reaction score
They had been debating on changing the name for such a long time.. Because a lot of people in TN didn't like the Jets original name. They wanted change.

The only way I see it is if they made both sides happy by keeping the name, but changing the colours.

Bison colours will actually blow so much.

Mooche

Reaction score
Apparently they've been talking about it..

I'm not completely sure, it could be just smoke.

I knew the Montreal game and the Jets name like 100% though. I'm kind of mad the Jets name got leaked. I would have liked the surprise.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah. Are you going to the draft party?
But I would loathe Brown/Gold. Keep fucking Blue/Red/White. Even add some Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%