Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm amped for the game tonight, and I think as currently constructed the Pelicans will give a better effort against GS than OKC. Plus if Jrue gets off his minute restriction this series could be pretty fun.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Houston Memphis would be the shittiest series

The only series Memphis could be in that would be entertaining is LAC because of all the bad blood

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Swap the Clips and Spurs in the current standings, and the entire western conference first round will be dope.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Houston Memphis would be the shittiest series

The only series Memphis could be in that would be entertaining is LAC because of all the bad blood
What is so wrong with the way the Grizzlies play? Old school ball is beautiful in its own way.

Or do you mean it in that you think they're a sure out?

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
^that.

Great defense. Efficient offense. Some of the best in-game coaching in the league.

Dave Joerger will go down as one of the best coaches of this generation.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Efficient offense? You really love to pull things out of your rear don't you. They're in the middle of the pack in the league in offensive efficiency, and if you were to isolate their numbers from the past month or so, I'd imagine they'd be far worse. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
There aren't many NBA teams who don't have enough offense lol. Stop talking everything so personally. Perhaps the better would word be "sufficient" offense.

And of course they'd be worse of late. Mike Conley has barely played over the last month.

Seriously, dude. Chill the fuck out.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Mike Conley, Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, VC (his percentages have nosedived, though).

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't even going to touch that one haha

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They were efficient, that team lost it all when they made that move for Jeff Green. They would be 9th at 1.081 pts per possession if you took what they were doing before the trade into account. Since then? 1.027 per since then.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosox and CC, do you care to elaborate one what's so absurd about that? Joerger has done a phenomenal job and is absolutely excellent in-game.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Sure, they're not as efficient with Jeff Green right now, but we're talking about a group of guys who'd been together for several years. There's no way that Jeff Green won't make them better in this year's playoffs. Thank god they don't have Prince anymore. Fucking wasted space if I've ever seen it.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He inherited a good roster. I don't think he's a bad coach and he's helped Memphis' defense ever since he became an assistant there but they don't run a good offense at all.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
But what do you expect them to run? They have 2 traditional bigs whose range doesn't extend to the three point line. They try to utilize Marc as much as possible considering his rise over the past few years. I mean, I understand what you mean to an extent, but sometimes the best option is to keep going to the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%