The Official Superbowl XLIV Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I got a Saints fan coming over for the Super Bowl, Colts better win.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I want the Saints to win. I think it will be a good game. Difference maker for the Saints HAS to be Reggie Bush.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
If the 'Aints' blitz every play like they did against Minnesota, they'll lose by 50.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The underdog Saints have more pride I think. I think the Saints defense will have a tough time stopping Peyton Manning as any defense generally does but I think Drew Brees can keep up. The Saints will need to force a few turnovers like they did against the Vikings to win the game but no way will the Colts turn it over five or six times like the Vikings did, the Colts are just better than that and don't make many mistakes. I think the Colts will win but I like Brees so I'm taking the Saints. Heck, the Saints history isn't any better than the Bengals, this is a feel good story with the Saints... It will be America against the Colts...

Also, I don't care if the Hurricane was five years ago, the Saints still want to win it REALLY bad for that city and their fans...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Ewww, that is the worst picture of Drew Brees I have seen in my life...

Mooche

Reaction score
Having a huge party for the Super Bowl. Tons of people coming over. Either going to be the best night ever, or the worst... Hahah. I'm confident Manning will make the big plays that will put us over the top, gonna be a dandy though.

Dubious1

Reaction score
The underdog Saints have more pride I think. I think the Saints defense will have a tough time stopping Peyton Manning as any defense generally does but I think Drew Brees can keep up. The Saints will need to force a few turnovers like they did against the Vikings to win the game but no way will the Colts turn it over five or six times like the Vikings did, the Colts are just better than that and don't make many mistakes. I think the Colts will win but I like Brees so I'm taking the Saints. Heck, the Saints history isn't any better than the Bengals, this is a feel good story with the Saints... It will be America against the Colts...

Also, I don't care if the Hurricane was five years ago, the Saints still want to win it REALLY bad for that city and their fans...
I think every team wants to win it for their fans and city no matter what, thats football. Just because there was a disaster there doesnt make them more deserving of winning the superbowl. If that were the case, I say "Colts are gonna win it for the.............Haitians!!!", cause Garcon is from Haiti and they deserve it more then New Orleans. But football is football, the better team will win it not the more deserving.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^^^ what this guy said. why the f/ck should a story determine who should win a FOOTBALL game? Garcon is from Haiti so why isn't that a feel good story? Haiti just got his a week ago! Every single person in America, including Obama, needs to grow a pair and STOP BEING A P/SSY B/TCH. i can't stand all these f/cking "story" <Censored> and emotions. this is a MAN sport and its also just a GAME. it has nothing to do with a disaster.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think every team wants to win it for their fans and city no matter what, thats football. Just because there was a disaster there doesnt make them more deserving of winning the superbowl. If that were the case, I say "Colts are gonna win it for the.............Haitians!!!", cause Garcon is from Haiti and they deserve it more then New Orleans. But football is football, the better team will win it not the more deserving.
I never once said the Saints were more deserving than the Colts, they're both in the Superbowl for a reason. Any team does want to give back to it's city/fans but this is the Saints FIRST time in franchise history. How can a lot of people not want to pull for a team that's never been here before? I'm not pulling for the Saints for just that reason, I'm a big Brees fan and would love to see him get a Superbowl.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, I'm just excited that the best 2 teams are in the Super Bowl for once -- no Cinderella story

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never once said the Saints were more deserving than the Colts, they're both in the Superbowl for a reason. Any team does want to give back to it's city/fans but this is the Saints FIRST time in franchise history. How can a lot of people not want to pull for a team that's never been here before? I'm not pulling for the Saints for just that reason, I'm a big Brees fan and would love to see him get a Superbowl.
why does it matter if the franchise hasnt? its not like theyve had the same players for its entire existence. its just a name man. it doesnt affect the future of the franchise. thats like when my hometown team went to the little league world series, yeah it was cool being like hey they are from my town but its not like we were saying OH WE DESERVE TO WIN BECAUSE ITS OUR FIRST TIME EVER MAKING IT. i could understand if we were talking about colleges because it severely affects recruiting but come on man. all it takes is enough money and a smart person up top and any team can make it.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, I'm just excited that the best 2 teams are in the Super Bowl for once -- no Cinderella story
Of course YOU would say that Jarrod.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
why does it matter if the franchise hasnt? its not like theyve had the same players for its entire existence. its just a name man. it doesnt affect the future of the franchise. thats like when my hometown team went to the little league world series, yeah it was cool being like hey they are from my town but its not like we were saying OH WE DESERVE TO WIN BECAUSE ITS OUR FIRST TIME EVER MAKING IT. i could understand if we were talking about colleges because it severely affects recruiting but come on man. all it takes is enough money and a smart person up top and any team can make it.
Is all I'm saying is that's why the Saints are the "New America's Team" for this Superbowl. It's just cool to see different teams win and not the same team every year (Unless it's the Bengals). The Colts are good and you can't take that away from them but you also can't slam people for pulling for New Orleans given the circumstances or blame them. Besides, my brothers a Colts fan and that gives me extra incentive to pull for the Saints. I like seeing teams like the Saints that have been called "Aints" forever come together and make something happen. I'm not going to argue about it and it's how I feel/It will continue to stay that way whether a certain person likes it or not. I hope the Saints do it, bottom line - If they don't the better team won and deserve it more, period.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gotta go for the Saints on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%