The National Title You Want to See

Mooche

Reaction score
What two teams do you want to see battling for the most prestigious trophy in College Football?

For me, I want to see:

Oregon Ducks vs. Texas Christian Horned Frogs.

It really would be an outstanding match-up in my eyes. The Oregon Ducks are the most impressive team to date, and have an amazing offense led by LaMichael James. On the flip side, the Horned Frogs have a stellar defense and have had impressive results like their blowout win in Utah. It would truly be a match-up of power, with the Oregon offense vs. the TCU defense, and it would be something to see.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather see Oregon and BSU, cause I think BSU would beat TCU, just like they have done in the last 2 bowl games.

I think it would be more exciting.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Oregon and Auburn. I know it's what the current matchup would be but those are easily the two best teams in the nation.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oregon vs. Auburn

I think Ducks vs. Frogs would be one of the most entertaining games to watch but I'm too curious to see what happens when this high powered Pac-10 offense meets a rugged SEC defense. I think Auburn's defense would have a hard time adjusting and shutting down Oregon's spread...while Cam Newton could very easily shred apart Oregon's defense.

Either way, I'm so over the Boise argument. Unfortunately for Boise, out of their 2 ranked opponents...1 lost to James Madison the very next week and the other has struggled to even stay in the top 25. After watching TCU beat the sh*t outta Utah, I'm wanting to see TCU vs. Boise in the Fiesta Bowl.

Mooche

Reaction score
Oregon vs. Auburn

I think Ducks vs. Frogs would be one of the most entertaining games to watch but I'm too curious to see what happens when this high powered Pac-10 offense meets a rugged SEC defense. I think Auburn's defense would have a hard time adjusting and shutting down Oregon's spread...while Cam Newton could very easily shred apart Oregon's defense.

Either way, I'm so over the Boise argument. Unfortunately for Boise, out of their 2 ranked opponents...1 lost to James Madison the very next week and the other has struggled to even stay in the top 25. After watching TCU beat the sh*t outta Utah, I'm wanting to see TCU vs. Boise in the Fiesta Bowl.
If we got to see Oregon vs. Auburn, and TCU vs. Boise -- in two games. Man, that would also be a treat.. So many good possibilities this year in college football.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only thing i'm not sure about the Boise state TCU matchup is thats what its been the last 2 years. But each game it was an exciting/close one, so I guess the 3rd matchup would be the same.

I just want the Auburn - Bama game to come, cause that could change a lot for Auburn.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only thing i'm not sure about the Boise state TCU matchup is thats what its been the last 2 years. But each game it was an exciting/close one, so I guess the 3rd matchup would be the same.

I just want the Auburn - Bama game to come, cause that could change a lot for Auburn.
This is true but yeah, both games were good & this is a better/the best team TCU has ever had. I'm thinking Alabama ends up knocking off Auburn anyways...totally killing my SEC vs. Pac-10 hopes. We could very well be looking at Oregon vs. TCU, Boise vs. LSU, and Auburn vs. Stanford/Wisconsin.

On that note...WTF with the ACC continuing to waste a perfectly good BCS Bowl game spot with whoever their mediocre conference champion happens to be. After the wretched season they've had, Virginia Tech is most likely going to win the ACC and end up in the Sugar Bowl.

Mooche

Reaction score
This is true but yeah, both games were good & this is a better/the best team TCU has ever had. I'm thinking Alabama ends up knocking off Auburn anyways...totally killing my SEC vs. Pac-10 hopes. We could very well be looking at Oregon vs. TCU, Boise vs. LSU, and Auburn vs. Stanford/Wisconsin.

On that note...WTF with the ACC continuing to waste a perfectly good BCS Bowl game spot with whoever their mediocre conference champion happens to be. After the wretched season they've had, Virginia Tech is most likely going to win the ACC and end up in the Sugar Bowl.
I actually agree with you AE. Alabama very well could beat the Tigers. I am not sold on that Auburn defense, at all, especially that secondary..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want to see Boise vs. Oregon.

Like EVERY year people say Boise deserves it, and really they have played well enough to deserve it. Give them their chance finally.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Boise doesn't deserve <Censored> until they beat a real team. Beating decent VT and Oregon State isn't enough to warrant a national title appearance. Move them into a AQ conference and have them actually play some ranked opponents. If they do well, then I'll say they deserve it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why not give them a shot at the championship to prove it?
If they lose they obviously prove they didn't deserve it.
You can't tell me a lot of people wouldn't watch Boise. I know I'd LOVE to see that.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
You don't just give someone a shot at the national title to prove they belong. They prove they belong, then you give them a shot at the national title.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Then they can play in the national championship after they prove it in the regular season against real opponents.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No one wants to schedule Boise.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope Boise State makes it and gets <Censored> on..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather have that than listen to how if they do/don't deserve it for a few more years lol. This would set the example for lower conference schools for a while as well. Such as TCU and Utah lol. Even though Utah is joining the Pac-10 lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Utah's moving into the Pac 10

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Utah's going to get embarrassed like the were yesterday in the Pac-10. I'm sure the Pac-10 is pretty upset about letting them in now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%