The Knicks Waive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RealGM Staff Report -
New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Isiah Thomas announced today that guards Jared Jordan, Demetris Nichols and Walker Russell, Jr. have been waived.

Jordan 6-2, 190-pounds, averaged 4.5 minutes in six preseason games, Nichols, 6-8, 215-pounds, averaged 7.8 minutes in five preseason games and Russell, 6-0, 170-pounds, averaged 5.0 minutes in three preseason games.

The preseason roster now stands at 15

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
all this talk about Nichols -- now, he's gone.... tsk tsk

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nichols is a good player, better shooter than Jordan by far. But that was a packed team, I'm just hoping he will get a chance somewhere else.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
I hope they find different teams. I feel Jordan can be a good Point guard in a couple of years and Demtris Nichols could be a good player too.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea hopefully someone will have their eye on them and pick them up. Also Nichols was from Syracuse, and probably could of brought a lot of people to the games.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
Jordan and Nichols were both very talented players. I'm mad that we had to drop them, but we couldn't have 20 people on the roster.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am sad that they cut Jordan. They just basically gave away a 2nd Round pick for nothing. Oh well can't always win right? Anyways Jordan is a phenomenal player that can develope into the next Steve Nash if he is coached properly. I can see him signing a deal with a team looking for a young PG who can lead the floor and not shoot unless he's wide open. One.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't know about the next Nash, but I too think that he could wind up being a very good PG. I thought the Clippers were a perfect fit for him, I guess not. I think he could wind up in Orlando to be honest, Arroyo's on the trading block and Jameer Nelson has been anything but consistent...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NO NO NO.

What the hell are they thinking? all three guys could be nba players, Jordan isnt the next nash but he will be a great pg. He plays ALOT like J-Kidd. I would have much rather these guys stay but thats how it goes i guess...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea I don't see why they cut these guys and keep players like Jerome James (who most likely will never see any PT) and Malik Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%