Taylor back to Miami

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
According to reports from the The Miami Sun-Sentinel, the Miami Dolphins have re-signed Jason Taylor.

The All-Pro defensive end was traded by the Dolphins prior to last season, following a 10 year stay in Miami. Taylor battled a calf injuries & missed several games for the Redskins last season. -AE

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damnit, i wanted to see him on the Pats

HTF

Reaction score
He's over the hill in terms of his playing career, he should've just retired and became and actor or whatever he wants to do.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think its safe to say that yet HTF

His last year in Miami he had 55tckles and 11 sacks, I think last year his injuroes really bothered him, give him another healthy year and I believe he will prove you wrong.

Taylor is alot like Strahan was, the dude could play for another 3-4 years and still be a factor/

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's over the hill in terms of his playing career, he should've just retired and became and actor or whatever he wants to do.
He's getting old but a couple years ago this guy was the Defensive Player of the Year. I think he's got more than enough left in the tank to be an effective player, especially for the Dolphins who really missed his leadership on the defensive side of the ball.

Bothered by injuries, didn't really have much of an OTA and all the drama surrounding his exit from Miami...last season was bound to be a train wreck for him. I think this is his best shot at finishing his career strong, back where he belongs & back where he is comfortable.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Glad to see him back in Miami where he belongs. I think he can come back and finish strong.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is official, 1 year for $1.5 million

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Awesome, It's great we have Jay Tay Back. Maybe he can help and teach some of our other very young lineman.

Welcoming you back in open arms Jay.

RB!

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to have to do a large amount of word-eating, because I was very glad to see him go after the 2007 season; not because he was getting old, but because of the way things ended between him and the team. He will still be an effective player and his leadership will be key on that somewhat young Dolphins defense. Overall, I'm pretty surprised that he's back. They're going to feature this on SportsCenter coming up, so I'm definitely going to watch that.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to have to do a large amount of word-eating, because I was very glad to see him go after the 2007 season; not because he was getting old, but because of the way things ended between him and the team. He will still be an effective player and his leadership will be key on that somewhat young Dolphins defense. Overall, I'm pretty surprised that he's back. They're going to feature this on SportsCenter coming up, so I'm definitely going to watch that.
Blame the way things ended more on the organization than Taylor. Taylor was pretty much outcasted in the beginning of 2008 & I understood why he wanted out. I remember reports from 2008 saying things were so bad at one point that Bill Parcells wouldn't even acknowledge Taylor's presence. Jason would go to Jeff Ireland about the issue & Ireland was hesitant to even address the matter...as if he was afraid to oppose any opinion Parcells had.

I think the Dolphins took the right steps last season in looking towards the future...but I also think that Parcells & Ireland realize the mistake they made in letting 1 too many key veterans go. As much of a sure guy Bill Parcells is, I think he is ready to correct himself on the Jason Taylor situation & this is why they are bringing him back.

All that & Jason Taylor comes back at a huge discount for 2009.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I`m glad to see Taylor back in Miami. Things just didn`t work out for him in a Skins uniform, and he just looks right in a Dolphins uniform. Plus, i`m sure he was mad that he missed out on them having one of the biggest, if not the biggest turnaround in NFL history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%