SUPER BOWL 50 DISCUSSION THREAD

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Me7o said:
LMAO everyone posted their prediction but no one actually discussed the game

Good win Broncos. Held the best offense in the league to only 10 points. I'm happy I don't see any wack ass dabbing from Panthers
Well if I posted it would have been the incoherent ramblings of a drunk person.

BNC

Reaction score
Too much is being made of Cam not diving for the football

BNC

Reaction score
47th oG said:
And walking out of the presser
Yep, it wasn't a good look and he deserves to be criticized for it, but some people are taking it too far

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Not sure I follow where you're coming from BNC... If he dives on that football they retain possession and they at least have a shot. By him being a pussy he directly cost his team a shot to win. I get it -- he didn't dive because he was thinking about his future and didn't want to be hurt; any other QB in the biggest game of their life would have dove.

BNC

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Not sure I follow where you're coming from BNC... If he dives on that football they retain possession and they at least have a shot. By him being a pussy he directly cost his team a shot to win. I get it -- he didn't dive because he was thinking about his future and didn't want to be hurt; any other QB in the biggest game of their life would have dove.
A) you have no idea that they are guaranteed to retain possession, look at where the ball ends up after Ware hits it at about the same time Cam would have been diving on it

B) this is the same guy who played through fractured ribs two years ago, two fractured vertebraes last year and invites contact on nearly every single play, but in that split second he decides he doesn't want to dive on it cause he might hurt? Lol, nope

cavsfan817

Reaction score
BNC said:
A) you have no idea that they are guaranteed to retain possession, look at where the ball ends up after Ware hits it at about the same time Cam would have been diving on it

B) this is the same guy who played through fractured ribs two years ago, two fractured vertebraes last year and invites contact on nearly every single play, but in that split second he decides he doesn't want to dive on it cause he might hurt? Lol, nope
Lmao ok so he blatantly dives AWAY from the ball because he thinks that Ware is going to hit it away? Riiiiiight makes sense. He didn't want to jack his arm/shoulder up and I get that. Let's not make this something that it's not, because that is CLEARLY why he didn't dive on it. And he would have certainly retained possession had he dove on it. He looks at the damn ball and then dives away from it and then a Bronco dives on it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't think there is any guarantee he gets it. The criticism is that he didn't make the attempt. You have to make an attempt.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
Yep, it wasn't a good look and he deserves to be criticized for it, but some people are taking it too far
I've seen that comment like 30 times in the past 24 hours.

It's the f'in super bowl, of course it's gone too far. What else would you expect?

BNC

Reaction score
GMF said:
I've seen that comment like 30 times in the past 24 hours.

It's the f'in super bowl, of course it's gone too far. What else would you expect?
I think it's gone too far because it's Cam Newton, not because it's the Super Bowl. People were just waiting for a reason to hate the guy and pounced

cavsfan817

Reaction score
BNC said:
I think it's gone too far because it's Cam Newton, not because it's the Super Bowl. People were just waiting for a reason to hate the guy and pounced
That is also equally blown out of proportion. The entire universe isn't out to get Cam Newton. The majority of the media loves him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Peyton got skewered after he didn't shake Brees' hand a few years ago when the Saints won the Super Bowl, so no, I don't think it's just because it's cam.

This is 100% the Super Bowl. Why? We had two weeks to prep for the game. What did we hear the most? People don't like Cam because of the celebrating, the dabbing, the superman ego, his immaturity, etc. NOW people are realizing "Okay, I get why some fans don't like him". Because $119 Million people saw it on display. Millions saw this guy trotting around with his gold MVP cleats on in pre-game, and then saw him get shaken up almost immediately. He was completely thrown off his game after 1 drive, and was extremely immature after the game.

This guy is supposed to be the new face of the NFL. The QB who can beat you both ways instead of just one. The guy built like a freak of nature, with incredible skills. We just want to see him grow up.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
And for the record I was on Cam's side before the game because I have no problem with celebrating, being a distraction (if it works, why stop?), and so on. But back it up when you lose. I've also heard today that he had this problem in the past. His father would sit him down, re-play post-game interviews and Cam realized how shallow he was acting. Apparently it was embarrassing too, and he improved a lot with not letting his emotions get the best of him.

Hopefully we can all move on from this in a few days, and hopefully Cam learns from this and tries to show a little more maturity after a big loss.

BNC

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Lmao ok so he blatantly dives AWAY from the ball because he thinks that Ware is going to hit it away? Riiiiiight makes sense. He didn't want to jack his arm/shoulder up and I get that. Let's not make this something that it's not, because that is CLEARLY why he didn't dive on it. And he would have certainly retained possession had he dove on it. He looks at the damn ball and then dives away from it and then a Bronco dives on it.
There is absolutely no guarantee he is able to recover the football. I don't know why he didn't dive on it but maybe he did think it was a bad angle and he might blow out his knee

BNC

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
That is also equally blown out of proportion. The entire universe isn't out to get Cam Newton. The majority of the media loves him.
Have you read what people have said about him? It's not the media that doesn't like him, it's a lot of the fans. Go read the comments about that and see what people say about him. Tons of people calling him a child and saying they don't like him because of how he acts

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Nah he's got about 6 years left I'd say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%