Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
...playing flag football!

Agent predicts Smith won't miss games

Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith broke his arm during a flag football game this weekend.

"Steve talked to me and he feels terrible about it," Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said. "Now his focus is on the rehabilitating process and getting back as quickly as he can."

Smith had surgery Sunday night to have a small plate and screws inserted in his arm. His agent, Derrick Fox, said while it's the same arm he broke at the end of last season, it's in a different spot and not his wrist. Smith suffered no nerve damage, is expected to make a full recovery and could return as soon as midway through the preseason.

"They were messing around, the ball went over his head and he slipped," Fox said Monday. "He put his arm out to brace himself. When he did he felt a sharp pain. He went in [Sunday] afternoon to have an X-ray and it showed a break."

Fox predicted that Smith should be ready for the Panthers' regular-season opener on Sept. 12 at the New York Giants.

"I'm not trying to play doctor, but I don't think he'll miss any games due to this injury," Fox told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Mooche

Reaction score
Injuries like this are just flat out embarrassing. I mean, really, a flag football game?

Pujolsrules22

Reaction score
Wow. What a smart guy? I see him trying to have fun, but not doing something where you could possibly hurt yourself and cause you not to do your job.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Wow what an idiot.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't see how he is an idiot for playing flag football.. Injuries can occur while just walking..

It was unfortunate he got hurt but he was just playing flag football lol. Doesn't make him stupid.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
so he slipped and tried to brace the fall and his arm broke in the process so hes an idiot? and an embarassment?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That must have been a pretty hard slip if he broke his arm trying to brake his fall

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Phew!!! For a second I thought it was the real Steve Smith! lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The real Steve Smith? You mean the far weaker one compared to the pro bowler on the Panthers?

VC15

Reaction score
The pro bowl is as much of a gimmick as the NBA finals, there is no merit at all in either...

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Steve Smith > Steve Smith

<______<

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Last year the Giants Steve Smith was better than the one on the Panthers. We will see which one is better this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%