Stephen Jackson traded to Bobcats

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Disgruntled Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson is about to make a fresh start with a new team.

The Warriors completed a deal Monday that sends Jackson and guard Acie Law to the Bobcats in exchange for veteran swingmen Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic.

The trade will be announced Monday. The Cleveland Cavaliers had long been considered the favorites to land the Warriors' former captain in the wake of Jackson's trade demand late in the summer, when Jackson announced that he hoped to be dealt to the Cavaliers, New York Knicks or one of the three Texas teams.

But ESPN.com reported earlier this month that Charlotte had quietly registered serious interest in Jackson and could not be dismissed as a threat to acquire him.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Meh, Charlotte got the best of that trade IMO. Bell is solid, but probably won't average what Jackson can/will average in Charlotte. Also, the Warriors roster is stacked with guards so I don't know why they didn't try to get another SF. If you want a good team, Vlad Rad can't be starting, he's a decent bench player.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bobcats are morons. They have like almost 40m invested in Jackson, Wallace, Diaw and Diop. FAIL.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its really not that bad for Charlotte, Ive been saying the thing they lacked was a goto scorer and now they have that.

I think this move puts them in the playoffs, and you have to pay to win right? lol

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They had J-rich who was a more go-to scorer than Jackson ever will be, and that didn't work for them.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This definitely makes the Bobcats better, but not for playoff contention lol. The east is pwetty good this year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
aww, I would have liked to have him in Cleveland, oh well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bobcats got better, but like other I agree that they still aren't a playoff team.
Getting there though.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Crap if he wouldve came to the Knicks we wouldve been instant title contenders......

WTH Walsh...

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looking into this, if Radman decides to opt out of his contract this could give the Warriors $11M or $7M coming this 2010 offseason. That's a healthy amount to build around the young core of Curry(Who by the way I will admit, have been wrong about, the kid has game)/Ellis(That’s if they don’t trade him away either)/Randolph/Biedrins.

That's if Radman opts out, if he stays, at the very least he fits into Nelly's system? lol

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Looking into this, if Radman decides to opt out of his contract this could give the Warriors $11M or $7M coming this 2010 offseason. That's a healthy amount to build around the young core of Curry(Who by the way I will admit, have been wrong about, the kid has game)/Ellis(That’s if they don’t trade him away either)/Randolph/Biedrins.

That's if Radman opts out, if he stays, at the very least he fits into Nelly's system? lol
Why would a guy like Vlad opt out? There is no reason for him to do so cuz he's going to be making a lot of money next year.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crap if he wouldve came to the Knicks we wouldve been instant title contenders......

WTH Walsh...
As opposed to what we have now? That's a step down - we're already locks for the title... Not just contenders.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hence why I was saying IF.

Yeah it's very unlikely that he will opt out. But if the Warriors are willing to wait another year of turmoil, they could make a run in 2011 for David West? Prince? C. Butler? Someone that will help them out.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They had J-rich who was a more go-to scorer than Jackson ever will be, and that didn't work for them.
JRich and Sjax are about the same when it comes to scoring, the difference is in the intagibles

And Jackson is more of all-around player then Richardson was, Richardson was a 1 dimensional player all he was good for was scoring Jackson can do that, rebound, defend and make plays for his teammates.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JRich and Sjax are about the same when it comes to scoring, the difference is in the intagibles

And Jackson is more of all-around player then Richardson was, Richardson was a 1 dimensional player all he was good for was scoring Jackson can do that, rebound, defend and make plays for his teammates.
I agree, now that I think about it, Jackson could be just what the Cats need to finish off the late season runs to sneak into the playoffs. They always come short, but Jackson brings everything they need to the table, everything you just mentioned, but most importantly Captain Jack brings a lot of playoff experience to the table.

Benny21

Reaction score
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
aww, I would have liked to have him in Cleveland, oh well.
I honestly wanted to see this too. Right now I'm still like "blehh", this is a "who gives a shit" type trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%