Sources: Wizards get 2 guards in trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
ESPN.com said:
The Washington Wizards, Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Hornets have agreed to a three-team trade that will bring two new guards to the Gilbert Arenas-less Wizards, according to NBA front-office sources.

The Wizards will receive New Orleans' Mike James and Memphis' Javaris Crittenton in the exchange, with the Hornets acquiring Washington's Antonio Daniels and the Grizzlies coming away with a future first-round pick.

Arenas has yet to play for the Wizards since signing a new $111 million contract in the offseason after undergoing surgery on his left knee. A firm timetable for Arenas' comeback has not been established, but he has yet to be cleared to participate in contact drills, making a return by Jan. 1 -- as Arenas initially hoped -- seem unlikely.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday morning that the pick is a conditional first-rounder that Memphis had sent to Washington in the trade to acquire Spanish guard Juan Carlos Navarro in the 2007 offseason. Navarro returned to club power FC Barcelona in his native country this season.

The Wizards have to release guard Dee Brown to make roster room for their new players.

According to the Post, Daniels was at Wizards practice but was pulled off the floor once the deal proceeded to the conference-call stage required for league approval.

The Grizzlies had been expected to part with at least one point guard this season after stockpiling several. Crittenton, taken 19th overall by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2007 draft, arrived in Memphis in February as part of the Pau Gasol deal.

James had fallen out of favor in New Orleans under coach Byron Scott and hadn't played in nine of the Hornets' past 10 games. Daniels, who has been a fixture on Washington's playoff teams over the past three seasons, is averaging 5.1 points, 3.6 assists and 22.4 minutes in 13 games.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crittenton finally gets a chance to crack the ice.
Watch out GIL cause he can take your job.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Noone is taking Gilberts job. lol

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Nobody's gonna take Gilbert's starting spot. Especially with that contract... He'll get more PT while Gilbert's out.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Daniels as a backup PG for NO is a great trade,

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snowy said it.
who cares about the Wizards.

The Hornets got themselves a PG

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crittenton has got to be the biggest scrub in recent history in my mind. I dont think he has done ANTYHING note worthy, and has gone from the Lakers to two epic fail teams in Memphis and Washington

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I had to do it for CC!

Washington Wizards
-- Acquire: Mike James, Javaris Crittenton

Honestly, Washington got a nice deal here. They finally have two point guards who can start for them right away. James is more of a scoring PG than a passer and Crittenton wa great scorer and passer. Since they don't know when Gilbert will be back or if he will be back this season they can develop Crittenton for their future. On a side note, Crittenton is a very valuable trade asset and got him for a second round pick. Not bad at all I think.

C - Darius Songaila
PF - Antawn Jamison
SF - Caron Butler
SG - DeShawn Stevenson/Nick Young
PG - (Gilbert Arenas) / Javaris Crittenton/Mike James

With Crittenton and Nick Young their future looks bright. Mike James will be starting for a better half of the season but I believe Critt will crack through the glass.

-----

New Orleans Hornets
-- Aquire: Antonio Daniels

Depth chart doesn't change. Daniels is a great back up for Paul and will fill the void they've had since Pargo left in the off-season.

---

Memphis Grizzlies:
-- Acquire: 2nd Pick (Navarro's pick)

They reacquire the pick they sent for Navarro. In an essence they're still cutting costs of an overbooked salary. Team pretty got much got robbed since Critt is worth a first. Hopefully, OJ and Gay work out considering they passed on the Gay-Love option they needed. LOL.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crittenton has got to be the biggest scrub in recent history in my mind. I dont think he has done ANTYHING note worthy, and has gone from the Lakers to two epic fail teams in Memphis and Washington
Critt isnt a scrub. Iavaroni was so in love with conley and Lowry that Critt got no minutes. And honestly in LA critt was pretty good. he didnt get to play much but who does when your a rookie in phil's system. Most LA fans were more mad hat they traded critt instead of Farmar. This will be his chance to succeed in the league.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah in no way is Crittenton a scrub, he hasnt gotten the proper chance until now

I like the trade for all teams, Critt os going to be a very good player, NO gets their backup they so desperately needed since Pargo left and Memphis gets a 1st for just Critt?

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah in no way is Crittenton a scrub, he hasnt gotten the proper chance until now

I like the trade for all teams, Critt os going to be a very good player, NO gets their backup they so desperately needed since Pargo left and Memphis gets a 1st for just Critt?
Yeah.
Other reports noted a second.
Its a first. ESPN confimed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%