Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Details of a proposed collective bargaining agreement being pitched to NFL owners Tuesday, according to sources:

• Players get 48 percent of "all revenue," without extra $1-billion-plus off top that previously had been requested by owners.

• Players' share will never dip below 46.5 percent, under new formula being negotiated.

• Teams required to spend minimum 90-93 percent of the salary cap.

• Rookie wage scale part of deal but still being "tweaked."

• 18-game regular season designated only as negotiable item and at no point is mandated in deal.

• New 16-game Thursday night TV package beginning in 2012.

• Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadiums.

• Retirees to benefit from improved health care, pension benefits as revenue projected to double to $18 million by 2016.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6687485

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm dont know what the stuff was before, but hey hopefully this shit gets done.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the Thursday Night Football thing.

Games 3 days a week :D

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also found the salary cap thing interesting. I don't know if they just raised the number or what, but it could make FA really active.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's what I've found out. The league has always had a salary cap floor (like I thought) but the number was ONLY 75%. That is a huge increase.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Two or three more weeks, I think.

I have all the patience in the world until training camps get here.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm guessing that they're fighting over the 2% to make it even.. Just ridiculous. Give the players and even 50-50 split and sign the deal.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly "has his game face on" at Tuesday's owners meeting.
It sounds like the commissioner can see the finish line in the labor saga, and it would appear there's a good chance the owners will have reached some sort of consensus by this time tomorrow. Momentum is on the side of the 2011 season starting on time.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly "has his game face on" at Tuesday's owners meeting.
It sounds like the commissioner can see the finish line in the labor saga, and it would appear there's a good chance the owners will have reached some sort of consensus by this time tomorrow. Momentum is on the side of the 2011 season starting on time.
WOOT WOOT SWAG!!! BASED GOD lol

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
93% salary cap requirement is stupid. It almost encourages over paying free agents.

Why punish teams that can work the cap well?

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
Hopefully this gets done, it will suck to have a shortened season or no season at all. It would be nice to get it done soon as well to have a decent amount of time for Free Agency.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another source said the talks on Wednesday were "very fruitful" and the expectation is that they will continue until a deal is reached.

"We are headed in the right direction," said the source. "There is a desire on both sides to reach an agreement sooner rather than later."
I heard July 15th has been designated as "go back to work day."

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
They better not let me down, here I am thinking we are going to have a season, on time.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If that's the case, July 15th can't get here soon enough. I want to see what happens in free agency.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If that's the case, July 15th can't get here soon enough. I want to see what happens in free agency.
Alot will happen.

Free agency, signing draft picks, signing udfa's, making trades, all in a short period of time.

It'll be CRAZY.

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
Can't wait to see where Aso goes. Peter King said Aso's favorites are the Cowboys, Eagles, and Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%