Status
Not open for further replies.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
Jordan Fails again....
I said it befor and i'll say it again one of if not the best players ever
But the worse fing front office man ever he fails more then Isiah Thomas

The Charlotte Bobcats' trade of center Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets is official.

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins announced that the team has acquired 7-1 center Tyson Chandler from the Hornets for Okafor.

"We looked at this trade as an opportunity to improve our team,” Higgins said. “Tyson brings that unique level of athleticism in a 7-footer that puts us in a position to compete night in and night out with the other quality centers in the league.”

Okafor, who is 6-foot-10, averaged 14 points and 10.7 rebounds in five seasons with the Bobcats, averaging a double-double in each of those seasons.

In 197 games with New Orleans, Chandler averaged 10.2 points, 11.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks. He missed 29 of the team’s final 44 games last season because of left ankle injuries.

Chandler has played eight NBA seasons, for Chicago and New Orleans, and has career averages of 8.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.4 blocks. He has shot .554 from the field (1671-3014).
Taken form http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/856106.html

Wow didnt even try to get a draft pick or anything to go along with chandler :headsmack:
Whats next felton and wallace is gone?

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
i hope this happens
chandler is better but we need cap room
is your post directed towards bobcats if so okafor is way better then chandler imo call me baised if you want but i just fell that way but looking in the long run we do get alot of cap down the years because okafors contract was insane the question is why did we just get one player we had a hell of alot of better offers then this befor .

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is your post directed towards bobcats if so okafor is way better then chandler imo call me baised if you want but i just fell that way but looking in the long run we do get alot of cap down the years because okafors contract was insane the question is why did we just get one player we had a hell of alot of better offers then this befor .
Okafor is definetly better than Chandler. He can score, rebound, block shots, and is tough. Tyson can't really do any of that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This trade will help the Bobcats IMO, Chandler will fit in with Larry Brown's system very well.

Okafor could help the Hornets, but I don't get the reason the Hornets did this, finical wise.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now that I think about it its not as lopsdided a trade as I thought yesterday, the Bobcats where obviously looking to open up some CAP room and they did that and got almost equal talent in return.

You dont hear of that when it comes to CAP moves.

Okafor is a better player, but Chandler is that far off.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
think this way -- Chandler is more of an OFF post player - Okafor is more DEF-minded.

NO has CP3 & Peja for OFF, so wouldn't it be smarter to get a DEF presence in the post, who is comfortable as third option on off?

great trade for NO, IMO
Chandler an offensive minded player? There must be something wrong with his mind...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how this upgrades the Hornets a ton.. He isnt much of an offensive player, he brings defense, just like Chandler did. I guess the Hornets see more upside but it isn't a huge upgrade.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how this upgrades the Hornets a ton.. He isnt much of an offensive player, he brings defense, just like Chandler did. I guess the Hornets see more upside but it isn't a huge upgrade.
It upgrades the Hornets because Tyson Chandler is damaged goods. The Suns wouldn't even trade Ben Wallace for TC because of his chronic injuries. He was spotted early in the offseason is a full leg cast, from foot to upper thigh.

Maybe I'm wrong and he'll be healthy at some point next year, but I'm positive he won't be healthy at the beginning of the season. Also, he wasn't very good at the beginning of last season when he was healthy. He was only averaging 9 points and 8 boards a game, and for TC that isn't very good. He should be in the double double range. Not to mention he's softer than cotton.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This trade will help the Bobcats IMO, Chandler will fit in with Larry Brown's system very well.

Okafor could help the Hornets, but I don't get the reason the Hornets did this, finical wise.
exactly Rip

now Boris could play PF while having a real center.
works for brown

as for the hornots, cp can make anyone look good. emeka is already very good so this is an upgrade for sure. and it takes away cp's special move, the high screen and roll with tyson.
emeka isnt as athleitc so good

Tony H

Reaction score
This is really a bid deal for both teams and both players could help, first off, Okafor has the talent on helping the defense and offense execute but can really be a big factor. Also the trade for Chandler was just so shocking to hear, Chandler could probably fit in with this group of guys, within Bell, Diaw and Wallace, but is he able to handle everything with the Bobcats? Also he will be a big help for the Bobcats with his great Low Field game and his great Defense game if no one is able to touch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%