Sources: Bobcats to ship Okafor to Hornets for Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From sportsillustrated.com
Persons familiar with the deal say the Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler.

The swap of centers could be completed later Monday, two people told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because an official announcement has not been made.

The Bobcats will be giving up the only starting center in franchise history for Chandler, who has been plagued by a left toe injury. Chandler played in only 32 games last season and a trade to Oklahoma City was rescinded because of concerns over the injury.

The deal comes less than a year after Okafor signed a six-year, $72 million deal with the Bobcats.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/bask...tml?eref=si_nba
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11991413

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would the Bobcats do this? I think Okeafor is much better.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont understand this move for the Bobcats, they lack length, but Okafor did his job.

On the other hand, CP3 cant throw lobs to Meka like he did with Chandler, and Okafors offensive game needs work.

Its a fair trade, talent wise, but niether makes much sense for either team. Especially since the Hornets will have to play that luxury tax...

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually agree, I think HOrnets win it right now, but it could easily end up hurting both teams. I don't see OKafor really fitting into the Hornets system

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
think this way -- Chandler is more of an OFF post player - Okafor is more DEF-minded.

NO has CP3 & Peja for OFF, so wouldn't it be smarter to get a DEF presence in the post, who is comfortable as third option on off?

great trade for NO, IMO

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk, both are more talented on the defensive end then offensive.

But if I had to pick, Okafor is more talented all around, he's a better one on one defender. And their offensive games are limited but Meka can actually create his own shot other then a dunk.

No matter how ugly it is lol

Hornets do have the slight edge though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't think this needed a thread so I posted it in the discussion thread. Jarrod this wouldn't be a great trade for NO really the only plus side is Emeka can still develop some sort of offensive game. Tyson's contract is shorter, both are overpaid and both can only get garbage buckets. Another bad thing is I still consider Emeka to be more of a PF so they would be trading Tyson who is a real C.

This is really a meh trade for both teams.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
This is some good old trade rape on the side of the horents
Chandlers up in age with a bad toe very injury phone and a scorer we have enough scorers we need defense we have no rebounders now only diop because diaw is offensive only what will we do there isnt any good free agents left
we messed up big time this off season we made a huge drop back now

i can't believe Meka is gone he was the face of the team he was the lone gem besides wallace all all the fans loved him and this is how you repay us? the staff really has to step it up this season we're loseing alot of key players since it looks like felton will be out next then i guess wallace is gone soon after.

K.Fresh

Reaction score
I dont understand this move for the Bobcats, they lack length, but Okafor did his job.

On the other hand, CP3 cant throw lobs to Meka like he did with Chandler, and Okafors offensive game needs work.

Its a fair trade, talent wise, but niether makes much sense for either team. Especially since the Hornets will have to play that luxury tax...
Actually he CP3 can give him lobs like he did Chandler. Emeka is just as athletic if not more, he's a power player and plays around the basket. He needs to work on his offense, but is definitely an upgrade talent wise over Chandler offensively and defensively.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is some good old trade rape on the side of the horents
Chandlers up in age with a bad toe very injury phone and a scorer we have enough scorers we need defense we have no rebounders now only diop because diaw is offensive only what will we do there isnt any good free agents left
we messed up big time this off season we made a huge drop back now

i can't believe Meka is gone he was the face of the team he was the lone gem besides wallace all all the fans loved him and this is how you repay us? the staff really has to step it up this season we're loseing alot of key players since it looks like felton will be out next then i guess wallace is gone soon after.
lol, Tyson is not a scorer.. no where near that.
And The trade didn't happen yet so don't worry lol.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Okafor > Chandler. Why would Charlotte do this?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To get out of his huge contract sooner, gosh people. He has a huge contract and they are pretty cheap and are losing money.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually he CP3 can give him lobs like he did Chandler. Emeka is just as athletic if not more, he's a power player and plays around the basket. He needs to work on his offense, but is definitely an upgrade talent wise over Chandler offensively and defensively.
Athletic as in he can run the floor, but not sky for lobs. Emeka isnt going to emmulate Chandler in that sense.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah I guess so. But why not try and trade for a center or for some other pieces that are just as good as him?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also both players are 26 and make almost the same amount of money. To me this is looking like the 'Cats just want to get out of Emeka's contract.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
Okafor > Chandler. Why would Charlotte do this?
BECAUSE WERE IDIOTS

i guess mj wants to tank so we can get Ed davis :headsmack:

and pz i know im trying to calm down befor i go postal
im so mad then we got no replacement fa left since no good fas are left
stupid staff why didnt we sign chris wilcox or brandon bass :headsmack:

K.Fresh

Reaction score
Yeah I guess so. But why not try and trade for a center or for some other pieces that are just as good as him?
If they wanted to trade Okafor, they should of packaged Felton+Okafor and got something nice. I'd like to see my Rockets make a run for Emeka, we need another big if Andersen doesn't pan out.t

Battier
Landry
S/T Wafer

for

Okafor

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Bobcats are retarded. It appears this deal is done and will be announced tomorrow. The Hornets raped the Bobcats in this trade. TC is a guy wh owill never again be fully healthy and wasn't even very good last season when healthy.

The Hornets are a much better team with Okafor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%