Source- Vikings and Favre reach contractual agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtuoso

Reaction score
"Billy Spikes" said:
That source said that Favre and the Vikings have indeed come to a contractual agreement, with heavy incentives. The Vikings equipment manager has already ordered number 4 purple jerseys with his name on it.
http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre.vikings.2.1057007.html

http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]

That is a different source from the one PFT used earlier in the week, but they also reported that Favre has signed with the Vikings.

The Vikings and Favre reached a contractual agreement.
Quote from a different forum. As a Packers fan, this basically ruined all happiness I had from the Greg Jennings extension...I hate to say Favre tarnish his legacy like this. Well, guess I'll get over it - Vikes fans better be ready to transition to, instead of the Minnesota Vikings, more like the 'Purple Favres'. ;)

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
why does this guy retire? I really don't get it

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well this time he did it to get out of his contract with the Jets so he could go to the Vikings.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is one of those things that is inevitable at this point.

If Favre, the Vikings, analysts, fans or media didn't think this was going to happen...then they would of shut up about it already.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I knew it was going to happen, I just didn`t want to believe it. It was going to happen, although it really shouldn`t have.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
he had another year with the jets but we released him bc he said he was retiring.

i hate this dude...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No. This isn't true is it?

FSUViking

Reaction score
Favre Report Confirmed
Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2009, 10:02 p.m. EDT
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/23/...port-confirmed/

I love the smell of vindication in the morning. [UPDATE: It’s morning somewhere.]

It smells like Febreze.

Mark Rosen of WCCO reports that, indeed, the Vikings and quarterback Brett Favre have agreed to terms on a contract, and that Favre will attend training camp.

Unless, you know, he doesn’t.

Rosen also confirms our report that purple jerseys bearing Favre’s number and name already have been ordered.

From our perspective, there was no doubt about it. Though the manner in which it came to us was unusual, the point was that a source in position to know the truth thereafter told us, “I can’t tell you anything, but I will not deny it either, and I’ll leave it at that.”

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Seriously, he is going to have nothing left when he REALLY does retire. They already did a video montage of his career after he 1st announced retirement, and hardly had anything after the 2nd time. He will be all out of tears after this year, if he even makes it the full year.

Seems like he is trying to make sure that Interception Record never gets broken.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I can just hear it now with all the Packer fans, well Green Bay wanted Rodgers as their starting QB and they got their wish, well now they will play against him as a division rival and hopefully Farve sticks it to em. I tremendously admire this guy and his passion for football, he thinks he's done and comes back, maybe too good of an offer to pass up, who knows. Is all I know is it'll surely be interesting.

J9

Reaction score
well now i cant watch espn anymore, wait why hasnt espn reported it

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I'd love to watch a Vikings game in Green Bay if Favre signs. The boo's will be louder than Vince Carter in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%