Source: Tebow To Request Departure From Jets

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tim Tebow will request to be traded or released by the New York Jets this offseason assuming Greg McElroy starts the final two games, according to a source.

Tebow has played sparingly for the Jets after leading the Broncos to a win last season in the playoffs.
Tebowmania never got the chance to run wild :(

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' timestamp='1355911277' post='4766885']

Tebowmania never got the chance to run wild

[/quote]

good.

Where's he gonna go to anyway? Jacksonville? Kansas City? Arizona? He'll fail in any of those places too.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
BTW I wonder what he's gonna do if they DON'T trade him. give 10% less effort on punt coverage? lose 4 yards on wildcat runs instead of losing 2 yards? Oh yeah, that'll irritate them.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tebow, Belle End Relationship

Tim Tebow and Camilla Belle have ended their relationship, according to a published report.

A source told Us Weekly, the pair “just didn’t work out.”
Damn lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great, now we get to hear about this bullshit all off-season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
idk he was dating her lol. had they had sex im sure they'd be together still lol

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BTW I wonder what he's gonna do if they DON'T trade him. give 10% less effort on punt coverage? lose 4 yards on wildcat runs instead of losing 2 yards? Oh yeah, that'll irritate them.
He can go to another team and be much better utilized than he was for the Jets

vikesfan

Reaction score
I think Tebow should go to a team that still utilize the fullback position, and have him as their starting fullback. I think that could be his bread and butter.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Tebow is a QUARTERBACK, not a fullback, not a tightend

Look at the jobs done by Kaep and Russell Wilson as mobile QBs. And Tebows deep accuracy isn't bad either, it's his short/midrange accuracy that's not good.

Give him good coaching in the offseason from an actual QB (maybe like Steve Young), and then maybe he can succeed.

You see it in the NBA: Javale McGee saying he will work with Hakeem Olajuwon to improve on his skills, so I don't see why the same can't be done for the NFL and Tebow

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really think you can teach accuracy unless you completely change your mechanics.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sadly, he's going to be starting for the Browns after we hire Lombardi and Josh McDaniels

And I will cry

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Even if he's not a starter the Jets completely misused him. The wildcat can be a very dangerous weapon and the Jets looked lost in how to use him.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The wildcat is played out and useless. This isn't 2008 or whenever the hell it was that the Dolphins made it popular with Ronnie Brown.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
How is the Wildcat useless?

The Wildcat was created in 2008 due to excessive amount of passing formations in 07 (specifically the New England Patriots).

Teams played in a very conservative sub defense, so after a spread pass play (Shotgun 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB), they quickly subbed out a WR (Ginn or Camarillo mostly) for Ricky Williams, and did a quick formation change by moving Pennington to far right, having Ricky slot left, Fasano, Bess on the inside right, Camarillo on outside left, and Ronnie at QB.

It allowed for so much more variability offensively that made defenses confused to put the correct personel out there. You didn't know if it is was a run up, to the right, to the left, or if it was a Ricky sweep run, or even a pass possibly. And if you guessed wrong, these speedsters made you miss and they would get huge yardage.

FF to 2011. Tebow comes in as the replacement for a come from behind victory over SD (who the Jets play in Wk 16 hint hint). They wanted to orchestrate a good offense for him. They played a spread offense (3WR-1TE-1RB). While Daniel Fells is not much of a passing threat, he is a good blocker. At WR, you have the speedster (D.Thomas) and the route runner (Decker). A simple passing attack, but hard to defend due to a confusion to the defense to what play he will do. Handoff to McGahee, fake handoff QB sneak, PA pass. Tebows body movement made it quite hard to predict where the play was going. He'd fake the handoff and pretend to start running, but then to pull back. At this point, the front 7 thinks its a run, and Demarius Thomas is probably behind the safety. Boom, deep throw and it's a TD.

Does the Wildcat always work? No.
Is it still in use? Yes, Cleveland sparingly runs it with Cribbs (they did it last wk)
Should a bad offense with a run blocking line and no good QB and a fast group of RBs and WRs go after Tebow? Yes, Ken Whisenhunt, you should.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Wow, thank you, I had no idea how the Wildcat worked, I've never seen it before in my life. You explaining how it works doesn't mean that it actually works

Using the fact that the Browns use it is exactly why it shouldn't be used

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Report: Jets planning to part ways with Tebow

Sources tell ESPN New York that the Jets do plan to part ways with Tim Tebow after the season.

Newsday and the New York Post confirm the report. The Jets have held Tebow hostage ever since trading for him, but they won't stand in his way this offseason. If they can't deal away their third-string quarterback that played 70 offensive snaps all year, he's expected to be granted his release. Tebow finally let his guard down a little this week as he spoke in the past tense about his confusing year in New York.

"All you can ask for, all you want is a chance -- a chance to go out and play the game you love and help this team win football games," he said. "That's all I wanted. I tried to make the most of every opportunity I had. I would've loved to have had more." The Jaguar and Rams showed some level of interest in Tebow last spring.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know why people thought this dude was good to begin with.

He isn't a good NFL quarterback. That's just how it is. Ok cool, last season he played QB and the Broncos beat teams but no one gave that defense credit and Matt Prater was the reason for almost all of those wins anyways. He isn't worth starting honestly, and teams probably see that. It'll be hard for him to be a successful starter IMO.

It's all publicity and people need to stop buying into this scrub. He's a fucking third stringer and gets as many mentions as Brady and Manning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%