Source: Mobley to retire on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
SI.com said:
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Knicks guard Cuttino Mobley will retire from the NBA, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Wednesday night.

The Knicks have called a press conference for Thursday afternoon at their training center, where Mobley will announce his decision. The person confirmed Mobley's decision to the AP on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the player's behalf.

New York acquired the veteran guard from the Los Angeles Clippers last month, but he never played for the Knicks after a physical exam revealed a problem with his heart.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Former King. Had a really solid career and hope he doesn't have problems in the future with his heart.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
He wouldn't last in D'Antoni's system with heart problems. I mean, as much as they like to run.

bbyao06

Reaction score
Good move by Mobley. He's had a pretty good career. To end it like this though, is kind of messed up because you always wants to end it on your own terms but what can he do. I wish him all the best and I hope that his heart problems don't get worse in the future.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel bad for Mobley.
Ending by a medical note isn't good.
Imagine if he wasn't traded.
He still be playing basketball for the Clips.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also hope the problems dont affect him later in life, when he an Francis were in their prime, they were a great duo to watch. I wish him the best.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good luk with life, glad they fond this out sooner instead of plagying untill he dies or whatever could have happened.

.loggie

Reaction score
its a drag he had to end on such a low note but this is good news for the knicks too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they still pay him unless he gets bought out..
Could be wrong though.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shareef Abdur-Rahim retired due to injury last year but he is still on our books. (For now)

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You know the franchise is hurt hearing about this. I wish him the best of luck with his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%