So since I bring it upon myself...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Question : What will you haters do if Blaine Gabbert comes out and kills shit next year?

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "If Mike Mularkey runs the same offense he ran in Atlanta in Jacksonville, Blaine Gabbert could snap out of his funk. The offense (the Jaguars) ran last year did not play to his strengths at all."
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/02/26/insider-pressure-is-on-colts-to-make-right-decisio

hEH

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I've always liked Gabbert, they just need to get him some weapons. If you are right about F/A, I think he could explode.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why is this thread worthy?

And what do you want to bet for Gabbert's stats? Because he's going to suck again next year. Not that you'll hold up your end of the bet.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What did Mularkey do for Matt Ryan rather than make him a average NFL qb?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score

And what do you want to bet for Gabbert's stats? Because he's going to suck again next year. Not that you'll hold up your end of the bet.

WJF7

Reaction score
What did Mularkey do for Matt Ryan rather than make him a average NFL qb?
Mularkey's offense he runs fits Gabberts game very well. He is good at getting the ball out fast and has fairly decent accuracy. Get some WR's in there that actually run there routes well and are big targets and he will improve mightily. What do you expect him to do in an offense that was designed for David Garrard with his best options to throw to being Jarret Dillard, Mike Thomas (who began quitting on his routes), and Kassim Osgood? Honestly, he was a rookie, go back and look at rookie qb's in the past, there are many qb's that had numbers like Gabbert there first year, throw in what Gabbert had to throw with, he was in a lose/lose situation from the beginnings.

WJF7

Reaction score

And you know that he will suck next year how? Like I said in my previous post, he ran an offense that was designed for DG, he came into the NFL as one of the most raw prospects coming out, had easily the worst WR corps in the NFL, and played hurt as well as for a coach that played "not to lose". He didn't set up Gabbert to succeed what so ever.

Want to see Eli Manning's rookie season stats?

1,043 yards, 48.2 completion %, 6 TD's, 9 interceptions with better guys to throw too. It was in 6 fewer games than Gabbert, but that is one QB of many that struggled mightily in there rookie year, and with everything that Gabbert went up against, it was to be expected. Throw in a FA WR or 2 and one in the draft, him having an offseason which most rookies have but he didn't last year to learn an offense that is built for him. Yeah, I don't think he will "suck again next year".

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mularkey's offense he runs fits Gabberts game very well. He is good at getting the ball out fast and has fairly decent accuracy. Get some WR's in there that actually run there routes well and are big targets and he will improve mightily. What do you expect him to do in an offense that was designed for David Garrard with his best options to throw to being Jarret Dillard, Mike Thomas (who began quitting on his routes), and Kassim Osgood? Honestly, he was a rookie, go back and look at rookie qb's in the past, there are many qb's that had numbers like Gabbert there first year, throw in what Gabbert had to throw with, he was in a lose/lose situation from the beginnings.
When Mularkey was in Atlanta all that offense consisted of was handing the ball off to Turner and throwing 5-10 yard out/stop routes to White and Gonzo, with the occasional long pass play. If Gabbert can't run Mularkey's offense he doesn't belong in the league. Even as a backup.

WJF7

Reaction score
When Mularkey was in Atlanta all that offense consisted of was handing the ball off to Turner and throwing 5-10 yard out/stop routes to White and Gonzo, with the occasional long pass play. If Gabbert can't run Mularkey's offense he doesn't belong in the league. Even as a backup.
It's going to be Mularkey's offense he is going to bring in, but he will not be calling what plays we do.

And also, you skipped out on most of what I just said. The guy had fricken Jarret Dillard, Kassim Osgood, and Mike Thomas as main targets. No QB can succeed with that, especially a rookie QB who like I said was known as the "most raw QB coming out of the draft" and "a guy that should sit a year or two and learn". What do people expect? The Panthers ran an offense that fit what Newton succeeds at. That was not the case for Gabbert.

I'm not going to keep arguing. I saw plenty of him to see that he definitely has a bright future in this league if the team helps him. An entire offseason of learning an offense as well as being in an offense that fits him is going to do wonders. But they also have to bring in WR's that will help him.

He is a very smart guy and has a great work ethic. He knows he has to get better and he is determined to do so.

With a top 5 defense with 30 total players on both sides on IR with one of the best RB's in the league with our #2 in Jennings returning, a guy who can put up solid numbers and do things when needed is all we need. He will continue to progress, he was the youngest QB in the league last year, and will be younger than Luck when the season begins and only a few months older than RG3.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Oh, another Jag fan here?

Dopesauce.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
its your good ole bud wolvesjagsfan10... you remember him from BSX, right? ;)

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I think I remember him somewhat...
Probably should.. considering I'm the most knowledgeable Jaguar fan out there. NoEgoDoe.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
http://www.backstagegfx.com/forum/index.php?showuser=2059

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he was the guy always asking for people to make them sigs haha

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Kinda remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%