Slowing Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As many of you know, I am suffering from depression, and the computer has had a big effect on it to why I'm going through it (Don't ask). I am going to focus on school, and when I get over this, I'll be back. I'm currently taking medication to help myself. I see my doctor every Friday at 12 noon, I'll keep my Sim League teams, but I may drop my NBA until the new league starts. SI is really addicting and this is going to be hard, but I need to turn my life back in the direction I want it to be in. Thanks for the people that tried to help, and thanks to Gtown for the nice pm, that was nice.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
g'luck.

i always say use the CPU as a means for escape- so, just keep that in mind that your SI family is here for ya

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you need to talk about anything, PM or IM me (sfbarryzito75). I know what you're going through and I know how hard it is. Good luck to you man and just fight through it. Don't lose hope. You'll get over it, it may not be soon, but it'll happen. Just stay strong and you'll overcome it. Enjoy your life, don't let it rule you.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

pm7: If I need someone to help me when I get weak, I'll message you, thanks.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rios. Get better man.
Come back when your ready.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Alright man, I really hope it all ends up working out for you. Good luck.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Np man, just looking to help. I hope you can get better.

and like Shelly said, you'll eventually get over it

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Good luck with everything Rios hope to have you back soon.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
Good luck man, I hope everything works itself out soon and you recover. I'm open to talk whenever you need someone as well, anytime.

.loggie

Reaction score
sorry to hear about this Davids. hopefully you get back in the swing of things quickly but take your time man.

acarey

Reaction score
Woa.. that is so life shattering. I forget that people have their own problems outside the computer. Thanks for the reality check. I hope to see you get better and fight your way back on top.

Good Luck Bud!

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the comments, and wishes. I think I actually am getting better step by step everyday. The doctor has really helped me, but this is just the first day I'm feeling better, although it's still at the top of my head. Once I can get it out of my head, and stop being so nervous, and guilty I'll be fine.

I've been suffering from recurrent thoughts. I think it's called Obsessive Compulsive disorder.

The repeated, upsetting thoughts of OCD are called obsessions. To try to control them, people with OCD repeat rituals or behaviors, which are called compulsions. People with OCD can’t control these thoughts and rituals.

Examples of obsessions are fear of germs, of being hurt or of hurting others, and troubling religious or sexual thoughts. Examples of compulsions are repeatedly counting things, cleaning things, washing the body or parts of it, or putting things in a certain order, when these actions are not needed, and checking things over and over.

People with OCD have these thoughts and do these rituals for at least an hour on most days, often longer. The reason OCD gets in the way of their lives is that they can’t stop the thoughts or rituals, so they sometimes miss school, work, or meetings with friends, for example.
It's something you can get over, but I'm not crazy about doing rituals to stop it, but I do try some stuff to get the thoughts off my mind.

acarey

Reaction score
Yea i was watching Hoarders on A&E and it is about people who have OCD. In your case it seems like you can overcome it if you stay strong and i hope you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%