SI Newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Alright, well, the debate league looks like it might be finished, and this idea has been floating around the forum/ in my head for a while, so I'm just going to put it out there.

I think it's time that we make a newspaper for Sportz Insomnia.
The members of the forum that can help out, will help out, and we'll release one every month.
The point of the newspaper? To preview the month, in all topics.
MLB, NHL, NFL, NCAA Basketball, and NCAA Football are the obvious ones, but ones like soccer, UFC, Boxing, ect. could be included.

I have myself, and Mooche in so far, Blake said he should be good. Anyone else?

Willing to Help:
SG89
Mooche*
Blake
Blake's friend
GMF07
.infamous
Bengals1Fan

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If this comes about, I can help out

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
thats what the sports section in the real newspaper is for

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you need to be more elaborate on it, with the ideas and such

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
ill throw my .02 in. IF your going to do this you cant put sports stuff in there.. you can have member writtne articles such as Power rankings , Mock Drafts, Draft Lists, and some other stuff like that in there. i have seen this done before and i have done it myself. It was just a weekly newsletter sent out to mass emails. If contained some articles and whats new around the site. Things to add could be sotw, some other gfx, mod promotions, pickem results and stuff like that

Oiler35

Reaction score
Alright, what I mean here is to have a monthly update on what's going on in the world of sports, and around the forums. Things like SOTW Winners, COTW Winners, Sim League News, ect. would/could be included.

Another thing to be included- Sports, as I mentioned in the main post.
I'm liking the idea that Macken brought up about Power Rankings, that could be included.

I'll put it together, but we'd need a forum where we could contribute everything to before I put it together.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Im in for writing about sports for this. Great idea we did at RST a few months ago that started off great but lost interest.

One thing you definitely should do is, if you get interest from a GFX guy here, have them design a cover. Well at RST we did it that way as more of a Magazine, but I think it would look great. Here's an example:

that was basically our first and only edition. It was small but it was unique. Definitely would be a good idea to implement here. You get the board update, you get sports update, you get member-written articles, and your GFX out there. Could post this stuff on something like Bleacher Report (set up an acct, not sure if u guys have 1) and can post these "newspapers" on there. It will bring in a few members, and probably over time bring in more if the acct. adds more articles often.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have newspaper class at the moment and I could help on this with like putting the newsletter together and sorts. I would be glad to help.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Yeah, and that's why I wanted to run this, I could easily make covers, and put the entire thing together graphically.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
why?

If SG runs it well and guys who say theey will contribute actually contribute, this will be an interesting and creative idea.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
I'm in...i Can do layout...or whatever...I could also do an article...Mock Draft...or whatever

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i just dont see it being worth reading. like i cant see people wanting to read it.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
why?

If SG runs it well and guys who say theey will contribute actually contribute, this will be an interesting and creative idea.
Naturally, I should run this, lol.

Seriously though, I've only been working for the newspaper for two years <___<

But seriously, sports would work if we did member power-rankings, I would do an NFL round-up or something to that nature.

Maybe an interview with a SOTW or COTW champion, if we have the NFL mogul weekly results with a round-up along with scores/stats/agate.

I can make this work, guaranteed.

I just need someone to design it and post it.

I can style it, edit it, and provide content along with other members.

SG, edit with a list of those willing to help.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
i just dont see it being worth reading. like i cant see people wanting to read it.
If it's not crap, people will give it a browse. It's worth a try, I have a buddy who can help us as well.

Together we have six years in media and five years of college classes dealing with mass comm.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Alright, I've come up with an outline.

Sportz Insomnia Magazine.

• Released once a month
  • Features sports, media, music, SOTW/COTW information/winners, Sim League updates/news, ect.
  • Released in a .pdf format.
  • Me and Blake will run this.
  • We will release our first magazine the month after this gets approved (so as of right now, February 1st).

Members involved
Mooche*
Blake
GMF07
.infamous
Bengals1Fan

All members that have shown interest/that have shown interest, please PM me.

Mooche

Reaction score
Yeah, I am still interested in doing some writing for this Sam.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm free to write as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%