#4 - Drew Brees
#5 - Eli Manning
#6 - Ben Roethlisberger
#7 - Matt Ryan
#8 - Tony Romo
#9 -
#10 -

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
It has to be Flacco at this point.

Schaub is extremely overrated.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe, but Flacco is more overrated.  Schaub has Flacco beat in pretty much every statistical category.

Did you know Flacco failed to complete even 60% of his passes this year?

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I don't care because Flacco has accomplished more with arguably a lesser team. The Texans should have been legitimate Super Bowl contenders for about 3 years now and yet we've all known they'd never get there.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I don't care because Flacco has accomplished more with arguably a lesser team. The Texans should have been legitimate Super Bowl contenders for about 3 years now and yet we've all known they'd never get there.

Was it Flacco that accomplished more?  Or was it the Ravens that accomplished it?

This idea that a QB is suddenly a whole lot better because he got hot and won a title has always been faulty.  Flacco is a very ordinary QB.

And this poll is about QB's, of course.  The Ravens likely would have still won the SB with Schaub under center.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:

Was it Flacco that accomplished more?  Or was it the Ravens that accomplished it?

This idea that a QB is suddenly a whole lot better because he got hot and won a title has always been faulty.  Flacco is a very ordinary QB.

And this poll is about QB's, of course.  The Ravens likely would have still won the SB with Schaub under center.

There's no way Schaub goes 11:0 like Flacco did. I know some lucky catches were made but what Joe Flacco did this past offseason was absolutely amazing. Schaub is exceptionally ordinary outside of Andre Johnson. He's got two running backs, a true #1 receiver and very good TE, an excellent offensive line, and young, ferocious defense. Outside of special teams and a running back who can stay healthy, Schaub has more than Flacco's ever had.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

There's no way Schaub goes 11:0 like Flacco did. I know some lucky catches were made but what Joe Flacco did this past offseason was absolutely amazing. Schaub is exceptionally ordinary outside of Andre Johnson. He's got two running backs, a true #1 receiver and very good TE, an excellent offensive line, and young, ferocious defense. Outside of special teams and a running back who can stay healthy, Schaub has more than Flacco's ever had.

You said it yourself, 11:0 against some of those teams he played.  Can you say that wasn't a fluke and a one time thing?  I know it happened, but I guess I am different in the way that I'm not going to up a player because he did something one time.  Maybe if he does it again or two more times, but I'm not going to let a couple games overshadow a career of average QB play.

And that bold matters in this poll because?  If we're voting off who would be the best QB if they all had the same teammates I need to change my votes before we go any further.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
We currently have a 3-3 tie. Let's get a few more votes in. 

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Matt Schuab. I don't see the hype in Flacco. Just look at his stats. The Ravens are good all around.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
In the regular season, Schaub has a 47.8 QBR versus teams .500 and above. Flacco had a 52.9 QBR versus teams .500 and above.

Flacco was more inconsistent, containing games of putrid stats (0.3 vs HOU, 0.4 vs DEN), but while Schaub's three best were 90.4 IND, 87 JAC, 86.6 BUF, Flacco's 3 best were 95.1 CIN, 94.4 NYG, 93.2 NE, not to mention 95.1 in the Super Bowl.

Flacco has those great games in him, while Schaub doesn't. I gotta go Flacco (btw I'd vote for RG3 in the next poll over Schaub)

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I leave rookies out of the top 15 until they've played their second season. 

PG24

Reaction score
Is Flacco overrated? Absolutely he is. That being said, he is a superior QB to Schaub. He's got a bigger arm and as Bosox said a couple posts earlier he has "great games" in him while Schaub just doesn't.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, no love for Cam Newton?

He's a huge prick but look at his freaking numbers.  Give that guy some defensive support and another target; who knows how far he can go in the NFL.  

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
AE 2k13 said:
Wow, no love for Cam Newton?

He's a huge prick but look at his freaking numbers.  Give that guy some defensive support and another target; who knows how far he can go in the NFL.  

His two years don't warrant top 10 QB status. I'd put him at 12 behind Flacco, Shaub, and Rivers.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

His two years don't warrant top 10 QB status. I'd put him at 12 behind Flacco, Shaub, and Rivers.

Oh really?  How about Cam Newton has posted the best first two seasons for an NFL quarterback, ever:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/advanced-nfl-stats-cam-newton-has-had-the-best-first-two-seasons-of-any-quarterback-ever/

This about the quarterback, raw, not the success of the team they play on.  Cam Newton is a great quarterback who plays for a shitty team.  Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub are average quarterbacks playing for stacked teams.  

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
AE 2k13 said:

Oh really?  How about Cam Newton has posted the best first two seasons for an NFL quarterback, ever:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/advanced-nfl-stats-cam-newton-has-had-the-best-first-two-seasons-of-any-quarterback-ever/

This about the quarterback, raw, not the success of the team they play on.  Cam Newton is a great quarterback who plays for a shitty team.  Joe Flacco and Matt Schaub are average quarterbacks playing for stacked teams.  

Two great seasons mean nothing when he doesn't elevate the team to at least playoff contention. RG3 and Luck played with just as little as Cam and took their teams to the postseason in year 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%