#6 -
#7 -
#8 -
#9 -
#10 -

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
To myself this came down to Big Ben & Matt Ryan. I ended up going with Big Ben here

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm going to say Ben too. If this was two days ago I would have said Matty ice but you guys persuaded me against him the other day -- really do need to see himn without 3 terrific receiving options before praising him. 

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Giantmetfan07 said:
I'm going to say Ben too. If this was two days ago I would have said Matty ice but you guys persuaded me against him the other day -- really do need to see himn without 3 terrific receiving options before praising him. 
really?
Saying we need to see how Ryan performs on a shit team before saying he's a great QB is completely illogical. The year before they drafted Ryan, ATL went 4-12. Granted a lot of changes were made that year, but we didn't just turn into a team with 3 great receiving options over time. Julio was drafted in 2011, and Gonzalez came in 2009. Ryan didn't just come onto the scene with a quality team, they developed over time. He doesnt have to be crowned king of the universe but to say he's not as good because he doesnt play on a shit team is ridiculous. Big Ben struggles to stay healthy throughout the year, and Ryan has had more touchdowns, more throws for 20+ and 40+, less sacks, and a higher QB rating than Big Ben in the past two years. In 2010, the year without Julio, Ryan managed more yards, more touchdowns, and less sacks than Big Ben.

In Ryans rookie year (the only year both quarterbacks played for an entire season), Ryan had a higher QBR, less sacks, less interceptions, one less touchdown while throwing 35 less attempts, a higher completion %, and more yards, all of which occurred without Julio and Gonzalez on the team IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. 
Please lets find a better reason than "he has good wideouts on his team"

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
My argument for Ben over Ryan is that this year was Matt's only real good year, and Big Ben has led the Steelers to 3 Super Bowl appearances.

However my prediction for next year, if correct, would put Ryan ahead of Big Ben. And that's the Falcons making the Super Bowl (or the Saints or Bucs lol)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
My argument for Ben over Ryan is that this year was Matt's only real good year, and Big Ben has led the Steelers to 3 Super Bowl appearances.

However my prediction for next year, if correct, would put Ryan ahead of Big Ben. And that's the Falcons making the Super Bowl (or the Saints or Bucs lol)
this. 

I never said Matt sucked. I simply stated that I agree with other people who in the previous poll stated that he isn't so high on their lists because of the talent he has around him. To me, he's #7, and we'll see how the next poll goes. 

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, I just don't particularly agree with ryan being discredited due to having talent around him. He's had plenty of good years @bosox, last year was just his best. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He hadn't been a Top 6 QB until last year

PG24

Reaction score
No doubt that Big Ben gets the vote here. Ryan got some consideration, but have to go with the more proven Roethlisberger.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Matt Ryan is the very definition of overrated. There are at least 8 QBs I'd take ahead of him. I'd put Flacco at 7 and Romo at 8 if people wouldn't call Romo ahead of Ryan pure homerism, just because they hate Romo.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
you are the definition of fucking retarded

I could reply to every single football post you've ever made with that statement, because I'd be spot on. Stick to basketball.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
Giantmetfan07 said:
this. 

I never said Matt sucked. I simply stated that I agree with other people who in the previous poll stated that he isn't so high on their lists because of the talent he has around him. To me, he's #7, and we'll see how the next poll goes. 
I agree with this. I think it was the same way with Rodgers if memory served me correctly.  Ryan will/should move up the list next season as long as he can have another good to great year.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Matt Ryan is the very definition of overrated. There are at least 8 QBs I'd take ahead of him. I'd put Flacco at 7 and Romo at 8 if people wouldn't call Romo ahead of Ryan pure homerism, just because they hate Romo.
What has Flacco done outside of 1 good Playoff run?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How much longer until RG3 is on the poll so I can vote for him with no reasoning? 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rapersberger has the playoff glory and the rings.  

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Boda said:
What has Flacco done outside of 1 good Playoff run?

Been consistently solid since his second year and for the last two or three playoff runs he's been a damn fire-breathing dragon against opposing defenses. It's not just one run.

He'll be better without Cam Cameron's shackles on him, too. Just wait.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Been consistently solid since his second year and for the last two or three playoff runs he's been a damn fire-breathing dragon against opposing defenses. It's not just one run.

He'll be better without Cam Cameron's shackles on him, too. Just wait.

Flacco less Ray Rice and that defense is David Carr

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
AE 2k13 said:

Flacco less Ray Rice and that defense is David Carr

Flacco is a giant with a great arm, solid accuracy, and his field vision has developed wonderfully. He could do a lot more if he had to. He is a great quarterback. Just because he isn't prolific, that's no excuse to say he's no good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%