Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
"On vacation, but this is big: MIN trades Havlat to SJ for Heatley"
http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/statuses/87710055222353920

Definitely shocking.

Mooche

Reaction score
Wow San Jose..

I hate this deal for them. Completely. I may be one of the only guys, but I really think San Jose has been getting killed recently in these deals with Minnesota.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Minny won big in the Burns trade but I think this is a little closer. Havlat can put up comparable numbers to Heatley plus he shows up in the playoffs.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heatley is still the better player in this deal but the Sharks are shaking it up

I like this for Minny...again

Ao8

Reaction score
Minnesota won this deal. They're looking good for next year

Mooche

Reaction score
Yeah it's not a HUGE win, but I think it's safe to say Minnesota won this deal. Heatley can still put the puck in the net.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm interested how they'll put this team together this season on the ice and if their strategy changes now that they have more offensive firepower in Setoguchi and Heatley.

HockeyGuy

Reaction score
Minnesota will have a lot more offensive power now with adding Setoguchi and Heatley to their lineup. It'll be fun to see how Heatley and Setoguchi do in Minnesota. I know I get to see them play lots since they play in the same division as the Flames. Looks like Minnesota is really wanting to add more offense this season.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
in my opinion. Minnesota won both trades so far this offseason with the sharks. In the setoguchi-Burns trade, minnesota basically got 3 first rounders for one. And in this recent heatley-Havlat trade, minnesota won because Heatly is going to bring more goals.

Sharksfan88

Reaction score
Havlat's a playoff performer, exactly what we need. 12 G 28 PTS in 26 playoff games, more than PPG. Heatley scored 5 goals in his last 32 playoff games for the Sharks. Obviously Heatley wasn't working out here, he's too slow for the NHL, and would be a much better player if he took conditioning more seriously.

Havlat fits our system more, he replaces Setoguchi's speed and the Sharks dumped Heatley's overpayment contract to re-sign Couture and Burns.

I think both blockbuster trades the Sharks and Wild made both improved their clubs. Works out well for both teams. The Wild have 2 snipers that will help out Koivu and the Sharks have a speedy winger to replace Seto and having Burns on the back end can take the pressure off of Dan Boyle. We desperately needed a 2 way defenseman.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Havlat is a gaborik type of player ... I would rather have Heatley on my team seriously

Sharksfan88

Reaction score
Havlat is more of a complete player than Heatley, and has a cheaper cap hit.

I honestly think Heatley is declining, he's just too slow for the new NHL and has taken a huge step backwards.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
I really don't see how Havlat is better then Heatley bro ? ...

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
Because he has a better overall game than Heatley. Heatley doesn't have very good speed and didn't seem to take things in San Jose seriously. Havlat is the better playoff performer too.

Havlat > Heatley imo.

I also think San Jose won the Setoguchi-Burns trade as they acquire another top defenseman as they only had Boyle before. Now they have two really good D-Men and really good offense.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because he has a better overall game than Heatley. Heatley doesn't have very good speed and didn't seem to take things in San Jose seriously. Havlat is the better playoff performer too.

Havlat > Heatley imo.

I also think San Jose won the Setoguchi-Burns trade as they acquire another top defenseman as they only had Boyle before. Now they have two really good D-Men and really good offense.
They've won that trade so far only because we haven't seen Coyle in the NHL yet. If he plays to his potential, and there's nothing showing that he won't at least get close to it, San Jose loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%