Shaq trade talks heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Boussard says the chances of it going down are "very good".

Shaq to the Cavs for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hypothetical. If this goes down, and the Cavs win it all next year, then the whole "Kobe couldn't win without Shaq" talk is going to transfer straight to LeBron

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I called this in one of the Cavs thread, I knew they would want Ben and his expiring. But to say they will win it all could be non-sense, all though Shaq will play harder and with more energy cause he'll be with 'Bron.

You need to think about this, Shaq is big, old and slow. Big Z is big, old and slow. They will be the Cavs C/PF, yes that will be huge and hard to deal with, but at the same time it could be easy to score on. I do have to say I'd like to see this happen.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Cavaliers and Suns are reportedly discussing a trade involving Shaquille O'Neal once again.

The rumor involves O'Neal, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic, but another source close to the situation said that "there's nothing going on" between the two clubs.

Multiple sources confirmed back in February that Cleveland and Phoenix had discussed a deal involving O'Neal.

Via ESPN

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Whatever works for them. Wasn`t sure to what team he would go to, but I know he wont be with the Suns next season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I called this in one of the Cavs thread, I knew they would want Ben and his expiring. But to say they will win it all could be non-sense, all though Shaq will play harder and with more energy cause he'll be with 'Bron.

You need to think about this, Shaq is big, old and slow. Big Z is big, old and slow. They will be the Cavs C/PF, yes that will be huge and hard to deal with, but at the same time it could be easy to score on. I do have to say I'd like to see this happen.
I highly doubt we are going to start Ilgauskas next season if we get Shaq or another center. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired to be honest.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hypothetical. If this goes down, and the Cavs win it all next year, then the whole "Kobe couldn't win without Shaq" talk is going to transfer straight to LeBron
Not really because when kobe played with shaq he was the number 2 option and shaq was 1. If this trade happens then LeBron is still the number 1 option and shaq would be option 2.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I highly doubt we are going to start Ilgauskas next season if we get Shaq or another center. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired to be honest.
I thought Z took an extension..

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lebron - Williams - Shaq will be sick! (Even though Shaw is by far my least favorite player)

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaq is old and slow, but this could definitely help the Cavs next year, they might be able to defend Howard with Shaq down low a little better.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It could work, but I remember the Suns having to change their gameplan because they had to slow it down for Shaq. I wonder what kind of adjustments the Cavs would make to make it successful. Cuz the Suns thought by bringing in Shaq everything would be solved and it didnt work out that way.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It could work, but I remember the Suns having to change their gameplan because they had to slow it down for Shaq. I wonder what kind of adjustments the Cavs would make to make it successful. Cuz the Suns thought by bringing in Shaq everything would be solved and it didnt work out that way.
That's cause the Suns run, the Cavs don't play that fast and would be able to fit Shaq in nicley.

And it's not that Kobe can't win without Shaq, if the Cavs get Shaq and win.. It's Shaq can't win without a young superstar.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Last year they got Mo to compete with the Celtics. This year they get Shaq to compete with the Magic. What if this year they have to compete with a different team? lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This could potentially make the Cavs even more lethal, but it depends if Shaq plays the way he did last season. But I have a gut feeling saying he wont.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How will this work, I need help

Shaw clogs the paint.
So does LeBron
????

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaq has legs.

We would obviously need more in the playbook other then the name LeBron explaining situations on when Shaq needs to move.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he probably is
and if that gets better, then i can see it working.

DWade wasnt a great shooter in 06, but he was better than LeBron now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%