Selby will enter draft

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas says star freshman guard Josh Selby is declaring for the NBA draft.

The 6-foot-3 Selby was rated overall No. 1 prospect in the nation when Kansas coach Bill Self signed him last year. He was suspended the first nine games by the NCAA for amateurism violations and missed several more with a foot injury.

Selby tweeted Thursday that he will miss Allen Fieldhouse but was looking forward to "a new journey."

He added: "I will not return to Kansas next year. Making my dream a reality."

Kansas is also losing star twins Marcus and Markieff Morris, who are entering the draft.
I don't think this is a good decision. He didn't even do very well for Kansas. He needed to stay.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With another poor year in college, he could have gone undrafted next year. If he gets taken late first round/2nd round, it's better then what he'd get next year.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yes but if he played up to his potential next year in college, he would have been a mid-first.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Waits for TYO to say "Dont matter we still winnin that Big XII next yr"

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If Texas brings their guys back, they will be the favorite to win it. I'm not sure if that happens or not though.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He never intended to come back. He made this decision when he committed to Kansas, IMO.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Best of Luck to him with his pro future.

But the dynasty still lives on...Ben McLemore/Braeden Anderson/Naadir tharpe...and with the monster 2012 class we're about to get. Big 12 Title Lock from 2005-2015

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well IDK how I feel about this but if he feels he's ready...then more power to him.

Late 1st maybe

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Best of Luck to him with his pro future.

But the dynasty still lives on...Ben McLemore/Braeden Anderson/Naadir tharpe...and with the monster 2012 class we're about to get. Big 12 Title Lock from 2005-2015
Lol CHILL. You aren't locked in to it right now

Mooche

Reaction score
And then they'll have enough late season collapse
Not as bad as finishing with the number one overall seed, and getting dumped.. It's alright though. Continue to educate me on how elite OSU is..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not as bad as finishing with the number one overall seed, and getting dumped.. It's alright though. Continue to educate me on how elite OSU is..
You're the one who brought up Texas, not me.. They collapse every year, not my fault.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Elite 8 isnt choking no matter how you slice it...Getting the nations number 1 player back..and losing in the sweet 16 seems more like choking to me.

Dynasty lives on...2005-2015 Big 12 title lock

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Elite 8 isnt choking no matter how you slice it...Getting the nations number 1 player back..and losing in the sweet 16 seems more like choking to me.

Dynasty lives on...2005-2015 Big 12 title lock
We didn't choke, Arizona is just a good team. VCU is... oh wait.

And like I said, y'all aren't gonna be the favorites next year if Thompson and Hamilton come back for Texas. Have fun with your shitty starting 5 next year of Elijah Johnson, Tyshawn Taylor, Travis Releford, Thomas Robinson, and Jeff Withey :p

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
VCU made it further than both AZ/Duke...and duke with the messiah Kyrie back too.

We made the elite 8 with brady morningstar/tyrel reed starting.But haters gonna hate.

And we will have fun winning the big 12 again..with 3 future NBA players on our starting 5.

Have fun with Bumlees as your big men...and watching Henson/Zeller dominate your shitty frontline again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%