Seattle QB Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Pete Carroll doesn’t know who will start at quarterback next week

eahawks coach Pete Carroll’s patience in Matt Hasselbeck is running out.

Hasselbeck threw for only 71 yards on 17 attempts with three turnovers before getting the hook in favor of Charlie Whitehurst on Sunday. Hasselbeck has ten interceptions in his last four games. Whitehurst completed 8-of-16 passes for 83 yards with a fumble in a little more than one quarter of work against Atlanta.

Carroll wasn’t sure if Hasselbeck would start next week’s game at Tampa. Seattle is still tied for first in the NFC West at 6-8.

“I know you all want to know what this all means,” Carroll said via the Seattle Times. “We’re going to go back to work next week and take a look at everything like we always do. And evaluate where we are and what we need to do and all of that. There’s no decision about the quarterback situation.”

In one sense, it seems crazy to change quarterbacks when you are tied for first place. Whitehurst has shown very little this year. On the other hand, the Seahawks offense is playing poorly and the team is 2-6 over their last eight games.

Carroll likely knows he doesn’t have a “good” option. Hasselbeck may not be back with the team in 2011, but we’d guess he’ll finish the year out as a starter.

-PFT

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Seems weird with all the Palmer speculation and now the Seahawks having problems at QB. Pete Carroll was Carson Palmer's head coach at USC so that's a bit interesting. Maybe they will re-unite again, but this time in the NFL?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whitehurst is NOT the answer IMO.

Mooche

Reaction score
Whitehurst is NOT the answer IMO.
I completely agree with you.

I think this just might be the best option, seeing how Matt and his play are really declining.

Arrial

Reaction score
I completely agree with you.

I think this just might be the best option, seeing how Matt and his play are really declining.
Whitehurst has looked like garbage when he has been in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%