Seahawk Refer To Wagner As 'Baby Patrick Willis'

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NFL.com - The Seahawks are very high on rookie linebacker Bobby Wagner.

Seattle drafted Wagner in the second round and fullback Michael Robinson, who played for the 49ers from 2007 to 2010, sees a lot of Patrick Willis in the newcomer.

"He's going to be another special player one day," Robinson said. "I call him a 'Baby Patrick Willis' because I hadn't seen a linebacker move like that since Pat."

Wagner is competing with veteran Barrett Ruud for the starting middle linebacker job.

"He really is doing well," defensive coordinator Gus Bradley said. "I think those flashes that Michael talked about the speed, the strength and just his ability to show some flash plays has shown up. That's the reason why we drafted him."

Shaka

Reaction score
While playing a franchise with Utah State years ago I stumbled upon a young Bobby Wagner. That led me to want to keep tabs on his career. That led me to love Bobby Wagner. That led me to want him to be drafted in Tampa or Indy.

That's why this does not surprise me. Bobby Wagner is a boss.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I had him as a potential sleeper at the start of the season. He was all over the place against Auburn. I didn't think he'd end up being drafted as high as he was, however.

He did get eaten up in coverage in the first preseason game though.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But he also was in on a lot of tackles during that preseason game.

I'm looking forward to him, he should be real good sooner or later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%