Scout Says He Would Take 39 PG's Before Rondo

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like the kyrie espn article, an anonymous scout spoke to broussard

Three years ago, I was the only scout saying Rondo is overrated, and I was crucified for it. I was saying he was awful. I think he's a selfish player. He's only going to pass it to you if he thinks he can get an assist. I've seen him come out for pregame warm-ups with his shoes untied, shooting lefty foul shots. For him to come out for a game with that attitude makes me question his work ethic. I've never liked his game.

If you play with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen at close to their peak, they're going to raise everyone's game. Defensively, Rondo's a bit of a gambler, and I don't think his defense is all that. If I was starting a team and had my choice of any point guard, he would be 40th. I mean it. I'd take some backups before him.
lel

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i do think hes a stat padder but i wouldn't take backups over him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Same
First part i agree with

But 40th? No
Lets see

Paul
Steph
Lowry
Russ
Dragic
Lawson
Conley
Parker
Isaiah
Deron
Kemba
Kyrie
Damian
Wall
Teague
Marshall
Jrue
Rose
Burke
MCW
Jameer
Nash
Collison
Jennings
Reggie Jackson
George Hill
Beverley
Hinrich
Vasquez
Knight

Is that 39? Lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take 399 scouts before this guy.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Someone has a personal issue with Rondo.  And we don't know who that someone is because they're anonymous.

At the very least, everyone will disagree with the comment about Rondo's defense.  And everyone will feel good about that since anonymous just makes the comment and gives no explanation.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm only a passive NBA fan, so what do I know, but it seems that, unless it's about LeBron, don't bother listening to Chris Broussard.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Guid said:
I'm only a passive NBA fan, so what do I know, but it seems that, don't bother listening to Chris Broussard.
fixed

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was gonna say that, but he's such a LeBron fanboy that he's probably got an in there.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Back when LeBron was a free agent, Broussard had him locked in with the Knicks, Clippers, and Bulls before he said it was a done deal with Miami.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

At the very least, everyone will disagree with the comment about Rondo's defense.  And everyone will feel good about that since anonymous just makes the comment and gives no explanation.
Thats not true at all. My opinion on Rondo has been the same for 3 years now basically

Rondo has the potential to be a Top 2 PG. If his shot developed (which it gradually has) and he locked down on defense, it'd be between him and CP3.

Rondo is a fantastic passer, and has arguably better vision than anyone else outside Lebron.

But defensively, this guy is right. Rondo gambles a lot, and while he usually comes up with a steal, he often gets burned and looks foolish. When he's behind the offensive player, he often gives up. Not great defensively.

His shooting form has improved, but he's taking shots with space. He has a very slow release, and if he was actually being guarded tightly, his eFG% would plummet.

I love Rondo at times, and he is def Top10, but rondo gets overrated & underrated by too many

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Thats not true at all. My opinion on Rondo has been the same for 3 years now basically

Rondo has the potential to be a Top 2 PG. If his shot developed (which it gradually has) and he locked down on defense, it'd be between him and CP3.

Rondo is a fantastic passer, and has arguably better vision than anyone else outside Lebron.

But defensively, this guy is right. Rondo gambles a lot, and while he usually comes up with a steal, he often gets burned and looks foolish. When he's behind the offensive player, he often gives up. Not great defensively.

His shooting form has improved, but he's taking shots with space. He has a very slow release, and if he was actually being guarded tightly, his eFG% would plummet.

I love Rondo at times, and he is def Top10, but rondo gets overrated & underrated by too many

I don't know.  I think determining how good you think someone's defense is can be a very subjective thing and hard to quantify.  Defense as a whole in the NBA today isn't exactly strong.  There might be certain things you think Rondo could do better on defense, but I think he takes it much more seriously and plays it at a higher level than most of his peers.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Love the part where he said he was the only one to say that Rondo is bad three years ago like he was somehow proven right.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:
Back when LeBron was a free agent, Broussard had him locked in with the Knicks, Clippers, and Bulls before he said it was a done deal with Miami.

Haha. i remember, he constantly thought he was locked with different teams. then at the last second "in about 10 seconds LeBron will sign with the Miami Heat, my sources are telling me". 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
For Rondo to be the 40th best PG in the league you'd have to assume Felton is ahead on this guy's list. 

So right off the bat, he's lying. Nobody would take Felton before Rondo. 

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
Someone obviously doesn't like Rondo very much

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
40th? ROFL.

There are lesser players who I like more in certain situations, but Rondo is a great player, no question. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%