Savard diagnosed with another concussion

Oiler35

Reaction score
What proves its concussion proof?

And are talking about him just retiring, and taking what he's got?
When the fuck did I say anything about him retiring? I said he should get the helmet.
Research proved, and test showed.

Tell it to Hemsky too
and Crosby
and Booth
and Pominville
and every other player that has had a concussion over the past couple years.

Why don't you get some money and buy some common sense. You've COMPLETELY missed the point since you brought up visors and cages. The only reason this is an issue is because of PAST occurrences.

You have a time machine? Please, go back and give Savard one of those helmets in March and we wouldn't have this problem.

And, forget just Savard, if these are so concussion-proof, why hasn't the NHL made these helmets league policy? Aren't they to blame then too?
I can't go back, and I can't force the NHL to do shit. But any player that is half smart would get one of these helmets, just for safety. Why the fuck would you want your star player, such as Crosby, or Booth, or Savard, or Hemsky, being hurt when you can simply fix the problem with a helmet? The NHLPA is just too stupid to realize that something other than suspensions needs to be done to fix this problem.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
When the fuck did I say anything about him retiring? I said he should get the helmet.
Research proved, and test showed.

I can't go back, and I can't force the NHL to do shit. But any player that is half smart would get one of these helmets, just for safety. Why the fuck would you want your star player, such as Crosby, or Booth, or Savard, or Hemsky, being hurt when you can simply fix the problem with a helmet? The NHLPA is just too stupid to realize that something other than suspensions needs to be done to fix this problem.
First off, misread what your wrote. Sounded like you said he should be smart, and run with the money he has made. However there is a problem with that, however that is for another debate.

You can do all the tests you want, they still won't be concussion free. No products is going to be flawless.

Also I don't think they are going to allow just one company to make helmets, especially with their contract with Reebok. They wouldn't allow Reebok to not make helmets. What they could do though is encourage Bauer, Reebok, Easton, CCM et.c to come up with a similar design to the M11 (not saying the helmet is any good though).

Oiler35

Reaction score
First off, misread what your wrote. Sounded like you said he should be smart, and run with the money he has made. However there is a problem with that, however that is for another debate.

You can do all the tests you want, they still won't be concussion free. No products is going to be flawless.

Also I don't think they are going to allow just one company to make helmets, especially with their contract with Reebok. They wouldn't allow Reebok to not make helmets. What they could do though is encourage Bauer, Reebok, Easton, CCM et.c to come up with a similar design to the M11 (not saying the helmet is any good though).
The helmet is concussion-proof. I don't know how. Something about it inflating and shit. I don't know.

And that's probably the reason why Savard doesn't have one.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
It's still not going to be 100% perfect, and most likely there are still unknown flaws.

dh1333

amnesia.
Reaction score
http://www.cascadeicehockey.com/the-technology.html

Definitely doesn't prevent concussions 100%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%