Sasha Ready To Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
-Rotoworld
Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic is prepared to leave the team and accept an offer from a European team in the next few days if the Lakers don't make him an offer he deems fair, according to a source.

The source said Vujacic is seeking a multiyear deal from the Lakers averaging about $5 million a year. Vujacic was hoping for a six-year deal, but anticipated it could be a shorter contract. If Vujacic goes overseas, and it's a real possibility, the Lakers will certainly miss his outside shooting. Their depth will also be hurt by the loss of Ronny Turiaf and Vujacic. And with the trend of solid NBA players heading out of the country and the referee scandal, David Stern is going to have his hands full in the upcoming months
I really hope we could keep him but if not, oh well.
keeping my fingers crossed

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is starting to get ridiculous, Im guessing players are leaving so when their contract is up in Europe or wherever they go, they can get better offers from the NBA.

All this money hungry business is sad.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
5M a year for him IDK. They need to keep him but not at that price

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sh!t is sad. You can see people who work their whole life to get up here and still never make it. And then u see guys who have just have one solid year b!tch about gettin money and how they will bolt overseas if they dont get the amount of money they believe the yshould get.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
eh...
Idc if we loose him.
Hes a key piece but w/e
If we send Lamar of Artest and Kenny Thomas.
Thomas replaces Turiaf...
We can go out and Sign Kwame since Phil would like him back...
Joe Crawford I think can come in right away possibly. If Not Ariza will.
It'll make room for Yue where people are intrigue on seeing...
BTW Coby Karl, Pat calthes, or Davon Jefferson would be nice as a 15th man...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People need to realize that Basketball is now a business and is a job for everyone single one of these players. They look to make the most money they can. I still think its rediculous how a player holds out if he is making lets saying 6 million dollars, that can easily give you a great life style, I don't see why they need to go out and get way more. But this just shows how corrupt there agents are as well, they make what, around 10% of what there client makes. There is a big difference in there pay from lets say 5 million dollars to 10 million dollars from there clients.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only in the NBA would this happen. All the players in the NBA care about is money...

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I really would like to see the Lakers try harder to negotiate with Vujacic.
If it doesn't happen, oh well. I'm pretty sure we can still have a solid bench without him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really would like to see the Lakers try harder to negotiate with Vujacic.
If it doesn't happen, oh well. I'm pretty sure we can still have a solid bench without him.
I agree
there's still other FA's available
just some names:
JR Smith
Janerro Pargo
Ricky Davis

I know, I know. but those are just some possibilities

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah i seen the same, the same team that Childress signed with is after Ricky Davis as well.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why is it a bad idea for anyone to go overseas?

Less media pressure.

More money (with the current conversion rate, and less taxes... Plus they are just flat out offering more money)

Nobody cares about winning... Josh Childress and Sasha Vujacic will never be remembered if they win 1 championship... So then you might as well help yourself out financially.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yanks is right. No one will remeber them, unless they are that great 6th man and they wouldn't be. They would be good bench players but thats it. I was a little mad about Josh but Sasha can go...They can all go, we have enough good players.

For example, Alex Acker is the 3rd pg on a team(like he would have been for us) but overseas, he's a star..

But anyways, LA can get better players through FAcy, they could sign Bonzi and or Ricky for half the MLE just cuz they have a great chance at a championship..

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz, you're wrong about Acker... NOBODY is a star in Europe.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's not true... No bench player in the NBA will ever go to Europe and start... A lot of current starters wouldn't even start there... Europe is all about chemistry and fundamentals.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Later Sasha, we will miss your hair.

I hate this kid so I'm glad he is leaving to be honest..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!!!

After some tense negotiations, the Lakers and restricted free agent guard Sasha Vujacic agreed to a deal Friday afternoon, Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak confirmed.

The deal, according to sources close to the player, is for $15 million over three years.

The 6-foot-7 guard is scheduled to earn $5 million per season.
:bong:

bosox1918

Reaction score
If the European leagues keep on taking all our players at this rate, its going to be a very boring league to watch. But at least they havent try to take any of our stars like Kobe or LeBron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%