San Antonio Could Move Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Facing an 0-3 hole against the Suns in their semifinal series, the Spurs could be looking at major moves this offseason.

Marc Stein of ESPN.com writes that, according to sources, San Antonio is "increasingly optimistic about their ability to inject their front line with some new blood by convincing Brazilian forward Tiago Splitter ... to leave the European game to come to the NBA starting next season."

The Spurs drafted Splitter back in 2007.

Stein also wrote that Tony Parker, as strange as it sounds, is the team's best trade asset.

The point guard has one season at $13.5 million left on his contract and has reportedly been telling people that he is unsure about his future in San Antonio.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
They're dynasty is done obviously. They need to move Jefferson first and foremost, that little experiment with him didn't go so well. They're all old, they need to get younger and trade whoever they can for younger guys.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dumars should make a play for him. Don't care what we give up to be honest lol.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Wow, I thought Parker was in his mid 30's but he is only 27... I would trade Hamilton or Prince for Parker, move Stuckey to the 2 or trade him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They'd want Stuckey in return. Which I wouldn't mind cause Stuckey isn't that much younger and Parker is better already.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah true that. Stuckey is like 24 and still developing. Parker would be a great addition for us. Stuckey/Rip for TP/filler?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind that.
I seen a post on a forum that said:

Stuckey, CV, and Wilcox for TP.

I'd do that in a heartbeat lol.

<Censored>, if we get a legit PF after that deal (via draft pick?) we could potentially compete with:
Wallace - ???? - Prince - Hamilton - Parker
6th man: Gordon

Obviously won't win the title, but we can keep Prince and Hamilton as their contract expires and actually sign good players lol.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well thats one PG possibility for the Hawks lol

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Meh, I think that's a bit much. CV is a pretty good player when he isn't injured all season. And I don't think he would fit the Spurs.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Parker to Lakers for Farmar!!!!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, I think that's a bit much. CV is a pretty good player when he isn't injured all season. And I don't think he would fit the Spurs.
Well he sure as hell isn't fitting with the Pistons either lol.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Well we can't really judge him or Gordon from last year, they both were injured all year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
a backcourt of parker and stuckey would be bad. stuckey doesnt shoot for %. id rather trade stuckey/cv/wilcox and a future first or something to sweeten it up. parker and rip would be dope, then bg off the bench. id even want to keep tay unless we can flip him for a center/pf and use our pick to take a sf.

BUT, word is they arent looking to move him lol.

though any gm will say that, i do hope i read about dumars going after him. i would love to get him, even if we're moving stuckey.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tony Parker may be on the trading block this summer.

Parker has told close friends he and his actress wife, Eva Longoria, would love to relocate to New York.

"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source, referring to San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NY could definately use him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%