Sam Bradford Deal "Could reset bar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Rams and representatives for Sam Bradford kicked off their negotiations Friday in St. Louis as they attempt to get the quarterback under contract in time for training camp.

A deal is unlikely to be struck Friday, a league source said, but both the Rams and Bradford's reps are expected to lay the groundwork for what will be the richest contract in NFL history.

The guaranteed money in the deal is expected to be between $45 million and $50 million, the source said.

Last year the Detroit Lions gave No. 1 overall pick Matthew Stafford a six-year deal that included $41.7 million in guaranteed money.

Both sides are aiming to finalize a deal by the time the Rams open training camp to their rookies on July 28. Bradford was the draft's No. 1 pick out of Oklahoma.

Per ESPN. These contracts are just getting <Censored>ing insane. The guy hasn't taken one snap.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adding to the fact he's gonna get eaten up LOL

Mooche

Reaction score
Adding to the fact he's gonna get eaten up LOL
Early on, I won't disagree with that. If they put some pieces in place for him, he is going to be a damn good QB in the NFL. The problem is, it's a ton of money to a guy who hasn't proven himself at ALL. Every year it keeps going up... We need a rookie salary system.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Early on, I won't disagree with that. If they put some pieces in place for him, he is going to be a damn good QB in the NFL. The problem is, it's a ton of money to a guy who hasn't proven himself at ALL. Every year it keeps going up... We need a rookie salary system.
The thing is he proved himself as a rookie so they believe they deserve the big check all ready. There line is the worst line in the NFL and in college he had a GREAT line. He should take a small contract till he can prove he is worth the big contract. Like sign a 1-2 year not big contract.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
He's had two shoulder problems that cost him almost all of last season. He's had a great pro-day.

Please, hop off his nuts.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why doesn't the NFL just set a rookie contract thing like the NBA. This is ridiculous.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly my point. Something has to be done, now.
Just need to say like, we are going to implement this in X amount of years.
That way the dudes who wanna get paid can come out and won't have to hear them <Censored>.

Mooche

Reaction score
Just need to say like, we are going to implement this in X amount of years.
That way the dudes who wanna get paid can come out and won't have to hear them <Censored>.
It just gives the guy coming out in the following year that much leverage. Bradford is digging out the Matthew Stafford contract and running up the Rams saying here, pay me this, but more. That's all it is. A way to get the max amount of cash possible.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty much ridiculous that guys like Stafford and Bradford are going to be paid as much as already established NFL QB's.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
IIRC Stafford makes more than Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%