• Top 20 pick

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Top 10 pick

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
The guy has the biggest arm in college football and ran a pro style offense to near perfection for Arkansas. His size is prototypical for the NFL and has more velocity than any QB is this class.

He is so skilled and learns so quickly. His only real drawbacks are he has to improve his foot speed (aka quickness) and learn to throw the ball away instead of being so confident in throwing the ball 150mph to avoid an interception.

He set all kinds of passing records at Arkansas, and if he had played a full 4 years in the SEC like old school QBs did he would have broke most of all the QB records...

His confidence is sky high, he honestly thinks he can beat anyone and out perform anyone. He doesn't have typical nerves like most kids do. (not that that's a bad thing)

I just don't understand why Mel Kiper has him going 25th and the other ESPN loser has him going in the second round... this kid is flat out amazing.

I've seen 8 games of him at Arkansas and he would stand in one endzone, and throw the ball in-between the goal posts 110 yards away to the other endzone. Seriously.

I hope and pray to GOD the Dolphins take him. They need him so so so bad.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Inconsistent accuracy, little to no mobility, very shaky with pressure coming at his face, forces too much and very prone to turnovers.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
What young QB isn't "shaky" under pressure? Only about 99% of them.

What bad passes he has throw due to accuracy is because he is learning to not zip the ball when the receiver is only 5-10 yards away. Which he improved on this year big time compared to last.

No mobility is his main weakness.

Prone to turnovers is inaccurate. 32TD passes with 12INTS is pretty good. Consider 3 of those picks where due to dropped passes taken by the defensive back or safety.

_ _ _

What burns my ass is Blaine Gabbert. He has 45 more completions than Mallett, and less yards passing, TD passes, lower QB rating and played inferior competition. Yet is being hyped like he's so much better.

How? No stats or competition prove that.

Mallett tossed 3 passes for 80+ yards while Gabbert tossed one for 68.

Gabberts stats- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=381364
Malletts stats- http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=232007

And Washingtons' Jake Locker just flat out sucks. He proved that himself.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Mallett a lot more than most on here. I think most people have him falling because of things that they don't even know for sure. (drug speculations)

His accuracy is inconsistent, but he throws one of the prettiest deep balls I have seen from any quarterback. He can also sell the play action like a boss.

However, statistics don't tell the whole story. You can't really compare Mallett and Gabbert based on stats alone.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I like Mallett a lot more than most on here. I think most people have him falling because of things that they don't even know for sure. (drug speculations)

His accuracy is inconsistent, but he throws one of the prettiest deep balls I have seen from any quarterback. He can also sell the play action like a boss.
Question.

If his accuracy is inconsistent, how does he throw one of the prettiest deep balls ever? LOL. Wouldn't it be off like 50% of the time?

Deep balls doesn't mean everything though.

Joe Montana couldn't throw a deep ball for shit.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Question.

If his accuracy is inconsistent, how does he throw one of the prettiest deep balls ever? LOL. Wouldn't it be off like 50% of the time?

Deep balls doesn't mean everything though.

Joe Montana couldn't throw a deep ball for shit.
On short and intermediate throws, his accuracy is inconsistent. The ball sails on him a lot. He needs to develop some more touch on his passes.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
On short and intermediate throws, his accuracy is inconsistent. The ball sails on him a lot. He needs to develop some more touch on his passes.
Could be footwork.. I know thats Lockers problem.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Where's the second round option?
And bro, get your facts sraight. Kaepernick has the best velocity on his passes. They tested at the combine. Kaepernick's pass was 59 MPH, and Mallett's 58. Sure it's only 1, but you cannot say he has the most velocity when it isn't true.

And I like Mallett, but his attitude and inconsistency will have him sliding to the second round.

Your love for this kid is almost getting creepy man..I get that he's your favorite player, but it's too much..

You act like a he's a god, when against top competition he had 6 TDs and 6 INTs. He needs alot of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%